Monday, December 31, 2012

The reality of collecting in Mexico....for 2013.

It sucks.  To be honest...I see other bloggers running around with the new MU Kraven the hunter, Beast and the like...Not to mention all the great WWE Elite figures.  We get hardly anything new here.  I hate living here for that reason.  I left my home in Atlanta to come here after my father died to get away from it all.  I wasn't thinking clearly of course.  I just needed a change.  What a huge change it has been.  I am 6 foot tall American thrust into a culture that I do not understand, a language I can barely comprehend etc.  I will never fit in here.  Oh well.  I am hoping my ship to come in one day so that I can take off.  But until that day comes I have to make the best of it. 

So collecting wise...Boy oh boy....I have gotten some GREAT things here though in my short time of recollecting.  But these are my goals...


MU- Any and all Marvel Universe figures I find in Mexico I will do my darndest to buy.  Even IF they are $14 apiece!!!  Above is the newest line they got in...I think it came out in 2011!!!


Star Wars- The same as above. 


Movie and TV show DVDs- Any that are still on my list I will try to get.


Making stuff- I will expand on that this year.  Hope to get three projects done.

With that said that is about it to collecting in Mexico.  No toy shows here.  Nothing good really.  Only those 3 things make it to Mexico.  Boy I miss the U.S. where they had comic shows, toy shows, Toys R Us, Gun shows, Olive Garden, Taco Bell etc.  None of those things are here.  See something you like on Ebay?  No problem!  You hit bid and it's yours.  Not so here.  Customs always wants to open your boxes up. 

The things I do like are the cheaper prices on making my own stuff.  Like the DC sign and Dungeons one. 

So if the ship ever comes in I would gladly sell Monster Cafe and move back. 

11 comments:

  1. I can imagine it just being so different for you there but at lest you have your wife and cafe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there buddy!2013 may surprise you ;)I'm actually starting to slow down in my collecting ways and may ultimately just give it a break.I live in the states and it's still hard to find half of the figures you spoke of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me! I am just starting. I cannot believe that I quit Star Wars after ROTJ came out back in 1983 and never went back till now...So many wasted opportunities!

      Delete
  3. Taco Bell ... there is no way I could live without it, HA! The grass is always greener on the other side my friend. Hang in there for good things to come. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Yeah but the Mexicans counter with...Well we have the REAL Taco Bell down here...

      Delete
  4. It must be hard. Try to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am. I just get discouraged from time to time.

      Delete
  5. The Marvel Universe collection is amazing!
    We bought tons of them in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got SOME this year...Still have a ways to go.

      Delete
  6. Don't worry Hob, you're not alone. I might as well be in Mexico as far as toys go around here.

    ReplyDelete