Thursday, December 27, 2012

Controversial Thursday- Pissing off other bloggers...

Controversial Thursday where SOMEONE gets pissed off by my ludicrous comments.  But hey it hasn't stopped me before.  Nothing is off limits and here is another edition.  You can disagree, think I am an ass what have ya.



http://enchantedworldofrankinbass.blogspot.mx/

Like this guy....I don't get it.  He has a blog and posts almost every day....However....he never says ANYTHING!  It is usually just a pic and he never allows comments on his blog.  I don't get it. 
It makes me do this....I mean he must get some creative expression out of it right?  The number of visitors perhaps?  But me?  I live for the comments.  I don't understand that.
 
 
When Asshats Watermark their pictures....It is an ASSHAT thing to do. OOOHHHH....Someone copied my picture....WHO GIVES A CRAP? If someone wants to copy one of my pictures I say go ahead. But now I cannot see the pic above properly because some yahoo has to put his official stamp on it thus ruining the pic. It is stupid and quite frankly it reeks of an ownership complex. It reeks of a cheap way for people to redirect to your site when chances are, they probably saw it there in the first place.
I mean if you ABSOLUTELY have to be like that and do it at LEAST do it like Plaid Stallions does it. He has to write his over the bottom of the pic so one can still see what is going on. Now I like his blog and everything but to mark EVERYTHING seems like self agrandizing somewhat.  I mean who do they think they are?  Ansel Adams?  That they have to sign their work on a PIC they found on the internet?  Lord have mercy...
And I understand it if it is your personal art that you don't want pasted everywhere like the above mock Super Powers cards.  But the excuse the guy gave is LAME!  He doesn't want people to use them to sell on Ebay.  I am sorry but anyone who thinks these are genuine are fools to begin with to buy such a product.
Now some of the bloggers have been awesome!  You know who you are!
Then there are those that you try to be nice to.  You post ALOT on their blog.  In fact you bust your ass to...even when they have that special code you have to punch in to be able to do so and you get it wrong 4 times in a row.  You comment,Especially when not many people do on their site to let them know someone cares.  You even add them to your blogroll.  Do they EVER comment on your site?  Nope.  Do they ever add you to their blogroll?  Nope.  Kinda selfish guys.  I didn't want to name names but I have been trying to get on this blogger's good side for a few months now.  Nothing...I said when I started this blog that I wanted a clean slate with the blogging community.  And I still do!
It all makes this monster cry...
 
EDIT- So the owner of Mego Museum banned me from the site just because of this blog post.  So my comments do stand after all...How petty....Oh well....I will just sign up under a different email address.  But then again there is not really alot of fun posting there.  I can just read what goes on.
People cannot take a little criticism.I mean it is not like I slept with his wife or anything.  I JUST pointed out IMO how ridiculous it is to have to put one's caption on a pic of a toy....I can just imagine if someone slights his book Rack Toys that he goes all postal on them...I have not seen pages of his book but based on his comments below I would NOT doubt he has his website pasted all over each picture as well.  But I hope it does well.  I hope the Mego Museum is a success as well. 
 
I just bet if I took every pic of his put it in the old Coral Draw program and erased the Stallions name and put Monster Cafe...why I think ole Brian would have himself a Cerebral aneurysm...
 

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the mego museum then yes a couple of times I let people know I have a Monster Cafe...Not that they could REALLY visit it as most are in the states. IF a Monster toy comes up I comment, "Oh I need that for the cafe's display case"..or something like that. I do not do blatant advertizing on that site though. I do not start threads advertizing it. At least not since I opened 4 years ago. I think I did it once.

      I PAY for all of the toys I feature on this blog. It doesn't mean I quickly post my header over the pic. You don't have to use bandwidth etc. Blogspot is free.

      But for the readers here....See what I mean?...I do not advertize when I post. I stay on topic. Ask many of the bloggers that I have been posting on for the past few months about it? Do I just do a commercial for the cafe? Of course not.

      But hey PlaidStallions, I still like your site! This is what Controversial Thursday is all about. Don't leave in a huff. It is all good here.

      Delete
    2. And I just checked Mego Museum. The last time I commented was November 30th...So the every 5 minutes of spam doesn't hold water...Or spam for that matter.

      Delete
  2. Just as a follow up if any feel that I did only comment on your blogs to have an infomercial about my cafe that is not what I wanted. When I first started leaving comments on blogs I wanted people to know it was me. That is it. I apologize if some thought I was spamming that way. I was trying to be identified. That is it. We are all identified by what we do...So to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to understand that there are many different personalities in the Blogosphere.Some comment on most toy blogs they come across ,others like myself prefer to stay low key while sticking to a certain circle.I'll still comment on things that i'm not really into,but most of the time i won't.I've had my blog for about a year now and sometimes it can become a bit of a chore as opposed to a labor of love,and that's when it stops being fun.I find that little breaks from publishing or commenting can help reinvigorate that passion that led you to start up a blog in the first place :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah I get it. Controversial Thursday is just my mouthing off moment. Don't take what I say too seriously.

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of Rack Toys, but was compelled to check it out to see what all the fuss was about. Pretty pics.....brought back a lot of great memories and I think I'll order a copy for my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Rankin/Bass blog is criminally hard to read. Why post a blog that actually, physically hurts to look at?

    I can kind of understand watermarking a picture if it's something you plan on making money from. If you're selling prints, you probably don't want people downloading it for free. Or if you have a brand you're trying to protect, in the case of Plaid Stallions. On blogs that are just for fun as a hobby though, it seems a bit much. Honestly, I would be honored if I found out someone stole one of my photos. At least then I would know it wasn't total crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often leave comments on the posts that I have enjoyed reading... and those "prove you are Not a Robot"... things tat you have to type in as well (Those can be more than a bit "irritating")
    You have a truly great blog and we are glad to have become one of your followers....
    At the "Crypt"... (my Blog)... Whatever we post there feel free to use... I have been at this "blogging" for going on two years now and I still do Not know just what we are doing ... just posting things of "interest" that we find
    We are dying of terminal health issues anyway So we will post what we can till we are unable to do so... I greatly appreciate my followers and the "comments" that we may receive ....

    ReplyDelete