Saturday, December 8, 2012

Score Saturday-I got Star Wars fever!

I have been buying the Clone Wars DVDs and I love them!  They are great shows.  However I wasn't really Star Wars crazy like I was when I was a kid until Disney bought Lucasfilm and announced episode 7...So then I went out a bought an AT-AT.  And now I am knee deep into it.  Found these guys in Mexico...
I LOVED Empire Strikes Back when it first came out.  Specifically Hoth.  The Rebel Alliance snow troopers...I had two of them back in 1981. 

So I put them with my original Tauntaun and magic was born.  So I have three Hoth rebel troopers now.  I am now army building to only 4 so....I am on the lookout for another one.

They are SO cool!  I love the new Star Wars figures!  I didn't get any in the nineties due to their buffed up appearance but these are heavenly!  I think I might limit my focus for awhile to New Hope and Empire...Gotta find me something that looks like snow to better pose them in.

8 comments:

  1. Star Wars Fever can be a tough one to shake Hobby but then again why would you want too lol. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys look cool.....the original looked lame to me. Glad to see they made an improvement !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the originals but do agree....With compared to today's toys...LAMEO!

      Delete
  3. I too am a born again Star Wars freak. I have been building a small Luke Skywalker collection and would love to add more to it soon.

    Good luck with your Star Wars collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really just started this year though. I have so little. I do not even have a Luke.

      Delete
  4. The mind boggles at what toys will come over the next decade with the announcement of the new movies. In the meantime, these rebel troopers look great. I love the detail of the newer figures, but the vintage versions are what spark the kid in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I am just kicking myself over not getting the stuff that DID come out all those years ago. I was in a 6 inch collectors mentality and had no time for Star Wars.

      Delete