Saturday, September 29, 2012

Score Saturday! Is that a Monger in your pants or..

Hey all.  I FINALLY have a new computer.  So I can be all like commenting on your blogs again.

So this week[s....See there....Where I want to put an apostrophe [ THAT shows up....Catblasted Mexican computers.  Let me try again...' oh....THERE it is...It is in the wrong place.  I gotta reconfigure this new computer.
Anyway my latest score is Iron Monger!!!  I was not reading Iron Man back in the day when this story appeared....Hey...waitaminute...I have never consistenly read Iron Man.  Oh well.  I DO remember the storyline though. 
In fact this was the first issue of Iron Man I ever read.  It happens WAY before Obadiah Stane was introduced.
Here is Stane in the Iron Monger suit.  I do NOT have this version.  I do believe they have made him in the MU format but alas.  This is Mexico.  I gotta take what I can get.  What I DO remember is that Stane kills himself.
Yup...Blasts himself right in the face.
Oh no!  Tony finds himself against the Iron Monger whom I wish was BLUE!

Iron Monger quickly snatches him up!

What will be the fate of Iron Man?  You decide!
 
 


9 comments:

  1. There was a version of the comic book one made for the Iron Man line of action figures and it's a pain to get a hold of at lest my way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Iron Man 140 - 210....the whole run and I cant wait to re read this storyline it's awesome! I do remeber being mad back then when they were going to go with the red and silver armor instead of the red and gold...I think thats why I stopped reading after the 200's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Hope you got a good price for it.

      Delete
    2. 5 bux for every set of 10 (140-149 ect.) I couldnt pass that up..especially being a run like that!

      Delete
  3. That period in Iron Man comics was great because they used and introduced so many Iron Man Armors and new characters to battle those armors. The Many Armors of Iron Man was a great arc. Many of those were made into figures but alot of those chess themed villains were not. Somebody needs to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read the Armor Wars TPB at one point. It was good.

      Delete
  4. Iron Man is a figure that scares me because of all the armor variations.One could easily digress from their list of "action figure wants" while trying to hunt down the many different versions of 'ol Shell Head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree totally. Which is why you will never see another IronMan figure on this blog. The red and yellow one is the perfect representation of him.

      Delete