Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Controversial Thursday: My first internet meme

I was originally going to be talking about something else but this was too good to pass up...This happened by accident yesterday.  Wifey wanted a pic of the Mexican Flag and some Universal Monsters around it to commerate the weekend in Mexico.  I couldn´t find zilch.  But I came across a pic on Google that she and I kinda liked so I posted it with our promotion.

It is not our cafe´s Dracula but another one somewhere else.  Well apparantly the tongueified person in the pic found out he was on Monster Cafe Saltillo´s Facebook page and didn´t like it.  Claims I am trying to promote him at the cafe etc.  WHAT?  Says how dare I have a pic of him representing Monster Cafe.  I explained to him that it is just a pic I found on Google with Dracula in it, that I don´t  really need ANYONE´S  permission to post a pic on Facebook.  I made no claims with the picture.The little twerp actually demanded money if I continued to use his likeness.  As the Rock says ¨Who in the blue hell are you?¨ I mean hell Dracula looks like Adam Sandler from Opera Man.
It was a one time thing of a pic I just happened to pick at random and this guy goes off on me even in private emails. I mean, If I wanted to put a pic of a one eyed Episcopalian Kangaroo I would do it!  I can choose any photo I want on Facebook!  He reminded me of Andy Kaufman telling Jerry Lawler not to use his image because his face MAKES money and doesn´t need to be on a rinky dink show like Lawler´s Wrasslin program.
If you have seen I´m from Hollywood featuring the greatest wrestling feud of all time you KNOW what I am talking about.
Go to the 7:54 minute mark and you will see what I mean.
 
 
Anyway another guy chimed in named Foley...Thought it might be Mick Foley but alas it wasn´t.  He was saying the same kinds of things.  So I told em that the internet is fair game.  If they didn´t want their photo used then erase it from the internet.  So I created my own meme..



So many people hit the like button it was unbelievable!  I hope all my customers come in and take a pic in a pose like him and post it all over Facebook!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks my man! If he had come at me with a little humility and asked nicely for me to take down his photo that he felt uncomfortable etc. I probably would have. But to come out swinging like he did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just silly and it just sounds like to me they want to make some money off of you is all Hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impossible though. You can use any photo you want on FB.

      Delete
    2. I know but he was still thinking he could do it other wise.

      Delete
  3. Maybe you should photoshop that pic into something he REALLY wouldnt like....let that Dbag get whats comin to em!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dracula = Opera Man. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That was fucking hilarious.

    I'm glad this tale had a happy ending. Usually when I read these types of stories they end with lawsuits or epic social media battles that are embarrassing and regrettable for all involved, not with d-bags getting owned and awesome memes being born. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks so much! Nice to meet you! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete