Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Brother Midnight! Us bloggers are here for you!

 
Just wanted you to know that.  We don´t know each other, heck none of us do.  We share our lives here with our plastic trinkets but when tragedy strikes it all seems like it was for nothing.  I know what pain is like brother.  I too lost the most important person to me.  In fact yesterday September 17th was the nine year anniversary of his death.  My father.  Passed away suddenly after an aortic aneurysm.  The man was never even sick in the 30 years I knew him.  He just woke up and died one day.  I was still living with him. 
He had personally studied architecture with Frank Lloyd Wright.  Had SO much talent.  Loved to create homes for people...


But as much fun as he had creating these masterpieces.....He was a far greater father than an architect. 
So Brother Midnight, even if you don´t think you can go on.  Something happens.  I don´t know what but something does that pushes you out the door and into a second phase of one´s life.  I didn´t think I could go on at all without Dad.  But then God sent me this little person.
I thought my heart had died when Dad did.  Part of it perhaps did.  But this little woman saved me.  All that pain I had was suddenly much better.
 
I don´t know why I am writing this.  I just feel another person´s pain when something like this happens.  Grief can swallow a person up.  Believe me.
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I lost my Dad to cancer six years ago. I was happy to spend the last year of his life with him while he went out on his terms. I actually feel lucky for that opportunity. I got to say all that I wanted to to the greatest man I ever knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Almost 12 hours ago everything I held dear vanished.I have nobody in the real world. I feel completely lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always write us. We ARE in the real world. Just REALLY far away.

      Delete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with Brother M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your healing Brother M. Very sorry for your loss and am praying for you and my fellow Bloggers that need healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your loss as well HG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through right now Brother, and I know we don't know each other, but sometimes talking to a total stranger can help. If you need an ear, you know where I am. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete