Sunday, October 7, 2012

Score Sunday: The pen is truly mightier than the sword

Since no one comments or sees my blog on Sunday...I found something the other day I thought I would NEVER blog about.  A pen.  BUT it is not some ordinary pen.  It called out to me from Office Depot...
 
I thought I wouldn't ever find one like it.  I was not looking for it mind you but it was there.  My Dad had one just like it when I was a boy.  He was an architect.  Studied personally with Frank Lloyd Wright and ALWAYS had these weird pens and stuff around for a little kid to get into.
 

I would push the buttons all the time wondering how the mechnism worked.  How DID those colors get inside there.

It is having four pens in one!!!  Now I will steal a line from Reis....This is going on the shelf of epic nostalgia!  I do not really have one but I will display it somehow.  Brings back many memories of when I was a tot.

8 comments:

  1. I had one of those as a kid! I'm shocked they didn't change these since then, but that pen looks just like I remember the one I had once upon a time. I was always mystified by them as well... until I opened mine and ruined it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had one too! and I agree....I can't beleive it hasn't changed much....but why improve on perfection! Open it up and post the pics of the operation!!!

      Delete
  2. My Dad had one in his office as well- I still love those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I like most about your blog HG is how unpredictable it is.I mean,name another blog that can transition from an Iron Man figure to an ASSHAT rant to a multi-color Bic pen LOL!Great read after great read ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From you that is a compliment for sure! Thanks so much! Stay tuned for more asshattery. I get kind of brutal in the coming weeks.

      Delete