Monday, October 8, 2012

League Assignment-Joey asks me out!

Write a “State of the Site” for your web site. How’s it going? What exciting things have happened this past year? Where do you want your site to be in a year’s time?

Hmm....This one is going to be challenging.  How is it going on my blog?  Well hells to the yes!  I am having a fantastic time.  I SHOULD have been blogging years ago. I was commenting on people's blogs for about a year before tony at actionfigsandthings said I should do my own blog.  Huh?  I had never thought about it before.  What a great idea!  See I am basically alone here in Mexico meaning no other white people to talk to.  This blog has been a life saver.  It allows me to creatively express myself.  Not only that but some people comment on it.  That is a lifesaver too!  I am so happy to have been embraced somewhat by the blogging toy community.  I wish one blogger and I would bury the hatchet and become friends but hey....Maybe time will heal the wounds.  I know I went TOO controversial Thursday on him at the time a year ago and I apologized in my third blog here.   I am still sorry and would love to be apart of his group.

Some exciting things HAVE happened this past year.  We are basically caught up on bills so we bought a few toys for ourselves.  The Monster Cafe business is growing.  I love when people come into something that I created with my own two hands and LOVE it!  That feels incredible!  I could have made Matthew's boring cafe and would probably not be open today.  But I wanted to have fun when I come to work.  I wanted to be fascinated by it.  Also I am perpetually hungry.  I have my own chef that makes whatever I am in the mood for!  It is such an awesome feeling to have the place full. 

I would love this site to be in a year's time as beloved as Dinosaur Dracula.  That guy gets 30 comments everytime he farts!  I mean really!  People love the guy!  So yeah more comments.  I have almost 6,000 fans on Facebook via Monster Cafe Saltillo and I wish some of them would comment too.  I am only two months into this blogging thing and not ready to stop anytime soon.  I think the League of Extraordinary bloggers is a rich idea!  It directs traffic to one's blog and we get to kind of meet each other.  So thank you Brian for doing this!

I will tell you what!  This will be a solemn promise!  Any blogger that I KNOW of makes the trip from the U.S. to Saltillo to visit the Monster Cafe gets a free beer on the house!  So with that said!  p.s. I was kinda hoping for a welcome to blogging toy packages from other bloggers but then I realized that I was not living in FANTASYLAND and that never happens!!!  LOL

HAIL THE MONSTER CAFE!
 
Here are two links from other bloggers about what they would do!  I would have three but these are the only ones done right now.  You other members of the League doing this....Put REAL links in their of your fellow bloggers.  "Check out the other bloggers"  just doesn't cut it.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Keep it up!! I love reading your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see another blogger loving his blog and getting so much satisfaction from it! Congrats on the success of the Cafe as well! Keep up the awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! You have inspired me to look more into Goodwill.

      Delete
  3. This post was heart touching. Blog writting can help a lot to ourselves (I'm included!). Also Running an original pop-culture bussiness is hard stuff. Congrats!

    BTW...
    I wish I had 30 comments each time I fart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And from Europe, gets how many beers?

    ReplyDelete