Monday, October 15, 2012

League Assignment: Take a trip!

Take a trip to anywhere in pop culturedom. What fictional town, time, or world would you want to visit?

Well....This is a tough one.  I could think of real obvious ones but I won't go that route.  Willy Wonkaland, Christmas Town, Halloween town etc.  But I am going to do something that is personal to me.  I am going back in time!  To my seven year old self!  Would love to see my old house again.
I would definitely go take a tour through this place.  Tell my father not to trade commodities so we wouldn't have LOST the frickin thing.  Arghh...If I ever get stinkin rich one day...I will buy this back.

Next I would visit Lionel Playworld.  In the seventies this place was awesome!  Put any Toys R Us to shame I tells ya!  I think I would buy all of the Ben Cooper halloween stuff not to mention all the Beistle diecuts I could get my hands on.  This was the Lionel Playworld near my house.  Just a few scant miles of kid pleasure.
I would also go back in time a few less years and let myself know what I was going to do later in life.

Then I would have gone back to 2000 and asked out the gal on the right.  Wow...Good girl.  I was too frickin shy to put the signal out.

Oh but you said popculture place....Well....I guess I would go here...
Would love to be around those cool guys doing my thing in the jugband.

Fellow League members have left the following...


http://spacemanstar.blogspot.mx/2012/10/welcome-to-gotham-city.html  Gothom city here I come...Doo dah...Doo dah...



10 comments:

  1. Have you ever watched the outakes from Jugband Christmas? That's part of our Christmas Tradition now. If you watch it (especially late at night) the drum rolling scene can earn you stiches. Great choice!

    https://qtheadult.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah saw them on Youtube...Love it when Oz says SHUT UP EMMETT! Always has me laughing.

      Delete
  2. Nice choice. I think everyone has some place from their past that they would like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmet Otter is second only to The Wish For Wings That Work as my favorite Christmas special. Such great characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...I am still looking for it on DVD when I hit Laredo!

      Delete
  4. This is a really good choice, makes me nostalgic for the younger me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet Lionel Playworld was the shizz! More than anything I wanted a train set. That must've been the spot to get all the awesome sets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their 1970's Halloween section was the bomb. I loved it all!

      Delete