Saturday, April 6, 2013

New model for cafe! Elvira the Tarantula's cousin!

Whoo whoo!  I got a new model in the mail.  I have not splurged on models for the cafe in 4 years....So I ordered 4 of them.  My friend was kind enough to take the pics....
YES!  Four years ago I ordered the Gigantics model kits.  They only had the Mantis and the Scorpion.  Well I finally discovered Amazon!  So I decided to splurge and order the Tarantula.  I mean hell I HAVE a Tarantula named Elvira so....IT came boxed and unassembled.  I immediately put my waiters to work.  And wala!  Look at her!  So beautiful!  One waiter Pepe paints really well.  He did most of the work.

I really used to like doing models but with the cafe I have no time and really no inkling of doing them.  I did the Mantis four years ago on the left.  That is my work.  Hope you guys like it.  I put them in the display case at eye level for kids.  I want them to see giant insects terrorizing the towns....

AMT the producers of such Gigantics model kits did these three.  There was a fourth one released in the sixties and it was a Giant Wasp at an amusement park.  I have no idea why AMT never re released it.  I would love to own one.

15 comments:

  1. Those are sweet. Can't wait to see more pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Am not crazy about creepy crawlies and giant ones really freak me out! lol. : )

    Congrats on the new addition to the Café Hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Model kits... I still have the Mantis...
    You have a cool blog good Sir...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have become a follower of your great blog good Sir...
    We have read your posts back to December... (great read as well ... sorry about the "step-mother and Brother" issues that have been troubling you so... Keep up the great work good Sir..... We are behind you as well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have my "Creepy Crawlers" molds and "Eeeks!" set of molds as well ... They quit making "Plastic-Goop" right after I got this for one Christmas... I love Classic toys ... and a few of the items that you have listed are thing somewhere in my "Collection".... the Fangoria issues The "posters" have been hanging up for years...
    Your good "fiend" and New Follower .... the Doctor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard! Need to check out your blog as well.

      Delete
  6. I have collected on the "Goblin" and "Hobgoblin" characters as well .. Loved the short run (13 issues) of "Green Goblin" in the late 90's... First "Super Hero" that we have been a fan of ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was a little too early for the original Green Goblin run so Hobogoblin is my generation's GG...

      Delete
  7. I was talking about Reporter Ben Ulrich's Nephew In the late 90's... An interesting take on the "Goblin"... The Nephew found a secret storage of Osborn's Supplies... High-tec Mask and all... And his "laughter"... He even defeated Arcade's "Murder-land"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I totally missed this post until now. Love those sets!

    ReplyDelete