Thursday, April 11, 2013

Controversial Thursday: Missing an opportunity!

This week's Thursday is something that is pretty personal to me.  In fact it pisses me off to no end.  I have had my Monster Cafe for 4 years now.  Pretty much the only one in existence that is NOT owned by a studio like Universal Studios.  Yes, they have one in Florida that is only open a few months out of the year.  I know of a vampire cafe in Japan but they are all gothic there and use none of the images of classic monsters.  Also there is the House of Frankenstein in Niagra falls that is only open a few months out of the year but it is a wax museum.  Not a restaurant.  So I do not mind saying I am the only one in existence as of now.  i MEAN IF ANYONE IS MR. MONSTER....SHIT...IT IS ME!  I LIVE IT 24 7 AND NOT IN MY PARENT'S BASEMENT LIKE MOST MONSTER COLLECTORS.  So NOW to the asshattery...
Magazine 360 is a young people's magazine in Saltillo.  You would THINK they would feature the greatest cafe in the world but NO....We have never once been in there.  Even at Halloween time which would be perfect....So I give out a yell to them....ASSHATS!!!!
BIG ASSHATS here!  I have written emails, petitions to get my cafe featured in their magazine....Hell even on their website...They ARE the leaders in CLASSIC MONSTERS are they not?  But nothing.  They would rather repeat ad infinitum OLD ass articles that they wrote 60 years ago in their publications rather than to feature what people are STILL living and what they are doing with monsters today.  Makes NO sense to me.  ASSHATS!
This pencil dick is Dennis Druktenis...Or I say DRUNKtenis...He publishs the magazine Scary Monsters.  I have sent many emails to them to feature my Monster Cafe and nothing.  He couldn't be less interested.  I even wrote to say I would pay for an ad in his  publication.  Again they are doing their best to feature articles written 50 years ago with pics to boot with no alive people being interviewed in their rag.  ASSHAT!
Yup....I have even petitioned to be included in the Rondo Hatton awards!  They regularly give out awards to people who are doing something to advance classic monsters.  People that may open a horror scare house only open at a certain time of year mind you etc.  Or someone that wrote a book about Monsters that no one buys etc.  But not me.  Here I advance classic monsters ALL YEAR ROUND and they couldn't be bothered.  ASSHATS!
These boners will not even talk about me ONE time on their blog not to mention their magazine.  Now SOME blogs have been very cool about throwing me a plug.  3D Monsters, actionfigsandthings, and maybe one other.  But that is it.  I should be the frickin king of the Monster community for doing what I did but I get nothing. 

Am I bitter?  After 4 years of begging, asking etc. you BET I am!  I think because the cafe is in Mexico that these asshats have underlying racist attitudes about it.  I am sure if I were in the states I would probably be on the front cover for Gods sake...I MEAN PEOPLE SHOULD BE SENDING ME FREE MONSTER SHIT ALL DAY LONG BUT I GOTS NOTHING!!!!  THE GUY LIVING IN HIS MOTHER'S BASEMENT HAS THE RARE REMCO FIGURES THAT SOMEONE GENEROUSLY SENT HIM BUT NOT TO MONSTER CAFE?  WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
So there.  I think I have sufficiently pissed off enough people with this edition of Controversial Thursday....HAHA


8 comments:

  1. Good Sir We will run a post or Three on your hard work and your Cafe.... here at the "Crypt"...
    I will even go through my collection and see if I can find a few "decorations" for your wonderful establishment... Your "fiend" and Follower ...the Doctor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this post was really about me shooting my mouth off. But one does wonder why I cannot get any write ups by the classic monster people...Seems like my cafe would be tailor made for their product...

      Delete
  2. Monster Cafe Saltillo truly is a work of art H.G.It's only a matter of time before more people take notice.I keep thinking it would be an awesome place for film.MCS would make for a great scene in a tarantino film !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words my friend. I guess I just have to have more time in the market...

      Delete
  3. I do find it odd that no magazines or tv shows would be interested in the café but maybe it will happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a mexican thing. They figure if it is not in the states then it's out of sight out of mind. I actually had a website intested but insisted I provide proof that Universal okayed my place....WHAT? This is MEXICO! That kind of stuff doesn't happen here. Hell Jennifer Anistan is on many outside advertizements for local hair salons and I am pretty darn sure she has never visited Saltillo...

      Delete
    2. My cafe is much more than Universal! I have OTHER Movies here...

      Delete
    3. a bit of diversification can be helpful... I like the way the cafe looks now.... hang in there good Hobgoblin... the Doctor

      Delete