Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Just when I think I am out they pull me back in...

OH lordy lordy....I had done it.  I had limited my collection.  I was SO sure of what I was doing.  I was only going to collect 3 inch figures and WWE Mattel.  That was it.  I held to my guns for two years...Then this was shown on adctalk.com...
But then NO follow up for a few days.  So I thought it were an April Fool's day joke...

Then on Figures Toy Company facebook this is announced!  WHOA!  But THEN...

Double Whoa!  Man....The worlds greatest hero line back in full force...I WONDER if they will get the Marvel license...

So I might hold off until the Marvel part is announced...If it is...I will then start collecting these.  I have bought from Figures toy company in the past.  I had their legends of wrestling figures.  Wore those suckers out going at it with my Jakks...Now they are going to remake Megos...Now I am of the old school which is why I hate TMNT.  It was WAY after my time.  So I HAD Megos as a kid.  I almost had all of them.  Lost them in 1982 when we moved...I would love to have some again.  AND Figures toy company says they will make some Megos that were never released either!  Man I really hope Marvel makes the cut.  Had so much fun with my Mego Hulk.  NEVER had the Thing though.  That would be heavenly.  But with Disney owning Marvel, Figures toy company has their work cut out for them.

But then again I might not...I just looked on Amazon....Holy krikes!  EMCE Captain Kirk going for $40!!!!  Hell they should just keep on coming out with them every year.  Apparantly there IS a demand for these.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like some Mego awesomeness coming, but it may be cheaper to get original ones .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I gotta pay my litte mexican woman to resew the costumes. They are usually in terrible shape.

      Delete
  2. I saw this over at the Mego Museum. They are doing the entire line of the Batman family of characters for Mego's original World's Greatest Super Heroes line. There probably won't be any Marvel figures. Mego had a holy grail of a licensing deal with Marvel and DC. Today that won't happen. DC won't license to you if you produce Marvel related toys and vice versa. My guess is these will retail for $20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEll it seems they are $26 apiece! Ughh....I was kinda hoping they would sell them cheaper by the case. I could buy a case and sell em here in the cafe. I think kids would love them. But at $26 apiece forget it.

      Delete