Sunday, April 28, 2013

Benefits for foreigners living in Mexico

Being in Mexico...especially this city....is quite limiting on what one can collect as in relation to the U.S.  So I will cover some things that are easily attainable here.  I will not be covering knockoffs of figures because everyone knows that those are here.  Nor will I be covering Lucha Libre masks....Instead I will cover stuff made in the U.S. that makes it's way here to this city or services...This is from my point of view of course.  I have already talked about the bad things I didn't like by living here.  But this is a positive post.

1. The flavor of the month-  Which is to say if it is a huge U.S. movie and a huge U.S. toyline...Chances are pretty good you will find it here.  Even in Saltillo.  The figures are always a given.  The vehicles or playsets are a hit and miss though.  So Captain America, Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spiderman all had releases here.  THAT is a good thing.

2. Marvel universe-  They hit sometimes.  None of the series from 2012 are even on the shelves but 2011 is represented.  So yes, Guardian is still on the shelves to this day.  You couldn't find one in Toys R Us in the states I am sure.  Besides if you find a nice American that goes to the states often most likely they will let you send stuff to their mailbox and have it delivered to you.  Amazon is a wonderful thing.
3. Movie DVDS!-  I picked up Ghost today.  It was on my list.  You will hardly ever find Classic TV shows on DVD here though.  Bummer.  But oh well.  My wishlist of DVD movies is 300 strong...I am sure I will find more here.  Without DVD's to collect I would go absolutely crazy.
4. CHEAP MEDICAL STUFF!- Even cheaper than Canada!  I had my whole teeth done and whitened for around $200.  In the states oh man....I would have been broke doing that.  This includes delivering babies, surgeries etc.  My Root Canal was $80.  I love being here for this reason.  This includes cheap food and cheap rent!  Seriously.  A whole house for rent for $250!  Sign me up....Hell you can buy one for REAL cheap and OWN it!  Not like in the U.S. where you basically are renting the land.
5. Cute Mexican women- Now I am married of course.  But this is for guys like Cal who is single.  Or other single guys living in the states reading this blog.  For some reason....The women down here love American or Canadian men.  It doesn't even matter if one is ugly.  Believe me I have seen it.  
6. No major rules-  The U.S. has gotten WAY too many rules.  It is a police state now as I hear it.  In Mexico if I want to put a pond on my property, I do it.  I don't have inspectors crawling up my arse with a microscope saying I broke rules etc.  I mean there are still traffic laws and taxes to obey etc.  Which by the way, taxes are the lowest of any  country!  Imagine that!  That is good.  You don't have to have your dog registered and all that crap the U.S. does.  It is so great.  Hell you don't even have to have costly insurance that the U.S. makes one do too.  No death taxes and all those other hidden fees either.  You want to put Jennifer Aniston on your sign that she supports your business?  Go ahead.  Nobody cares down here.

7. The border crossing is close!-  If I need Taco Bell...It is just a few hours away.  If I need to hear English spoken and go to Toys R Us it is there!  Groovy!  Need to go to a comic book convention in the states....Again it is right there!  Believe it or not....but in this city of Saltillo there exists a Star Wars fanclub.  Cosplay included.  However I cannot find them to join yet but really I do not have the time.  The restaurant business is 24 7 baby.

How to make Mexico better for myself...
1. Get more goods from the U.S. or better yet start producing HERE!  Mattel has an entire complex of industry here. We should have WWF figures that are NEW right on the shelf.  Instead we have Vladimir Kosloff clogging the pegs....At $30 per figure....Also get a few more U.S. restaurants here.  If we could get Olive Garden...Heck I may never leave Saltillo again.  We ARE getting an IHOP!  That is progress!  Oh and Comic books in ENGLISH!  Man I haven't read a first run comic in 7 years.  I miss it.  There are many Canadians and Americans living here now.  It is time to come up with American comic books.

2. Legalize GUNS and Marihuana- that would certainly help things.  I would feel MUCH more safe with a gun under my pillow and a joint in my hand at night.  Believe me the kidnappings would be drastically reduced if guns were widely available.

3. Get American TV- The cable companies translate almost EVERYTHING into spanish.  You sit down to watch Sly Stallone in Rocky and he is speaking spanish.  It just doesn't work for me.  The Cable company really needs to have some kind of option button.  One for English two for spanish...Especially for Monday Night RAW.  That is a given.

4. Grass and trees- I know other areas of Mexico are lush...Saltillo could be too.  More planting needs to be done here.  Grass, fruit trees etc.  Saltillo is WAY to desertic.  If that is even a word.

Other than those small things I am as happy as a pig wrapped in a blanket.







8 comments:

  1. Nice to know there are some pleasant things for you in Mexico Hobby. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is. The cartels are the only thing that make it bad for the most part.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to point out the good in things every once in a while.Recently i've been in a mental rut these last couple of days so it may do me some good to start pointing some good myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought long and hard about living here or the states...Here has so many benefits and few bad ones.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to hear about the good things especially the ladies. I would die to have one love me but I am not a hot weather guy and I doubt I could convince a pretty senorita to live in the tundra with me. But we could vacation to see her family several times a year. Oh but that is dream. I am a troll that doesn't get that kind of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude...Ya gotta step out of your comfort zone. Yes come for a visit. You have no idea how many canadians visit here, find someone and the girl comes home with them.

      Delete
  4. Of course if you find a cute girl that would like to talk to me you have my webpage and email addy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA...Ya gotta come see the fields for yourself.

      Delete