Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Wishlist- Top 10 Star Wars playsets I wish I had

It is Wednesday!  Time for the ole Wishlist.  I have none of these playsets but boy I wish I did!  Buzzchuck over at Action figure adventures has ignited a fire under my tokas!  I am vintage Star Wars crazy right now.  I am sure it will wear off over time... So here goes...I had them all as a kid...
1. Death Star-  Oh man....the fun I had with this one!  This is the grandaddy of them all folks!  But I just looked on Ebay....$1,700!?!?!?!?!  What are they fricking crazy????  Looks like I will NEVER own this thing...

2. Hoth playset- This would definitely be my number 2.  I loved Hoth.  I lived in Georgia where there wasn't much snow.  Thius was one I would drag out all the time.  Except I was always confused why it was called the Imperial hoth playset...The imperials were NEVER in the snow.   So I used the rebels with this one.

3. Turrent probot-  Oh yeah...This was the other playset's cousin.  So great this was to match it up with the other one.

4. Dagobah-  What is not to love about this one?  R2 sinks...Luke levitates objects.  Wow...

5.Star Destroyer- I suppose this classifies as a vehicle but man...Awesome!  Vadar's chamber was spectacular.

6. Ewok village-  Ok...I never had this one.  I admit it.  I was OUT of Star Wars by the time Jedi rolled around.  Still....The Robin Hood version DOES look better with the foliage and all.

7. Cantina- This was the first playset I probably owned.  Loved it.  Funny that a cantina was marketed to kids though.

8. Land of the Jawas-  Now that I think about it maybe this was the first.  They recommisioned it for a Hoth playset a few years later.  But this was the first!



9. Hoth playset redo-  Whaddya know?  It is the same as above.  They recommissioned the Jawa playset to be Hoth.  Had this one too.

10. Sandcrawler- I never had this either but I REALLY wanted it.  I know it probably also qualifies as a vehicle but...

10 comments:

  1. Had alot of these...some great memories !! The Death Star playset was great but a bit fragile, its cool how many of these crossed over to other figure play !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never crossed over. My friends raided my house when I was on vacation...

      Delete
  2. May the force be with you HG ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I need to get these....An otherwordly force...

      Delete
  3. Great wishlist! I never had the Deth Star as a kid either. However, the one I have now is built entirely from junk lots a bought to acquire other spare parts. You could probably put one together for leass than $100. Love the proto-type pic you found of the Hoth Adventure playset. You can also see the proto paint job on the Han Solo Hoth outfit action figure in that pic too. Way neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Death Star set was always one I wanted as a kid but never got. There is a Toy Reseller I go too that has one in his store in his Star Wars section but wants way too much(not that am wanting to buy it)and I think is missing the Trash Monster which can be pricey by itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughh....How did our childhood become so expensive?

      Delete
  5. Awesome post!

    I still own that Dagobah.
    Saw most of these playsets at the last ComicCon we went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why it is killing me to get back to the U.S.!

      Delete