Thursday, January 17, 2013

Controversial Thursday- Saltillo IS Nazi Germany...

When I first started Monster Cafe it was easy.  Not many rules.  No one on my ass about things.  I was happy about that living in Mexico...The last two years have been SO different...

Man am I pissed....Ok get this....The MORONS in the Saltillo government passed a law that they told NO ONE about mind you that says if you have a restaurant or a cantina, every year now you have to get your neighbor's to sign their signature to say that you can run your restaurant!!!!  Do you believe it?  So my restaurant that I have had for four years running ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT THE FRICKING NEIGHBORS THINK?!?!?!?!!??!  So If I do not get the necessary signitures from my neighbors, the government can shut my restaurant down!!!

NAZI GERMANY INDEED!

What if my neighbors do not like me because I play live music here on the weekends?  What if they do not want me around because I am an American and they might be a little racist?  What if it is an ultra religious person that thinks all alcohol is from the Devil?

Putting THIS much power into the neighborhoods hands is dangerous.  I BOUGHT my house.  I BOUGHT this restaurant!  I pay alot of fees to the government to be harrassed like this.  What the law I think is trying to do is to get rid of the taquierias...Meaning the GROSS bars where the men all piss on the floor and it is very low class areas etc...what it is really doing is hurting good businesses like us.

So I do not know if I can take much more of this shit.  If you want Monster Cafe to stick around COMPLAIN to someone about it....Because I am SO close to putting this thing for sale or rent and moving the heck out of here.
AND....My I lost my camera card....So I cannot take any pics until I visit Texas to get a card.  So pretty much this blog turns into Wednesday and Thursday posts.  Arghhh!  I am having a bad day.
Joe Pesci is right.  But this time it is the Saltillo Government that is screwing you.  Last year police showed up and gave us one week to pay the liquor license or they would shut us down...We scrambled and didn't have money at that time to pay it.  Somehow we did it.  Then in June they show up with MORE regulations we have to follow or they will shut us down.  These regulations SUDDENLY spring up.  They give us NO time to do anything.  So we had to scramble again.  Putting many miles driving to this location or that location to get certain papers for the restaurant to run.  
Not to mention the people you have to put up with.  The jackasses here do NOT work for longterm thinking.  People come in here begging for jobs and quit in a couple of days etc.  It is a CONSTANT struggle to deal with them.

 Now the government pull this stuff this year.  

WHAT is going to happen next year?  What obscure ruling will they make that they make people with restaurants jump through hoops for next?  Well I for one am sick of it.  Wifey and I literally have sick feelings in our stomachs.  How can pass a law like this?

Edit- We have decided...We are going to sell this place.  We are moving back to the states.  Here I invested in Saltillo and put up a HELL of a bar.  We do not allow drunks in here nor drug dealing, we provide jobs to the people of Saltillo and this is how the government repays us.  

12 comments:

  1. Well you can win them all but maybe it's a blessing you are moving back to the states to start fresh and a new Monster Café can rise again much like Dracula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jboy, I shudder to think the kinds of laws the states have for running a restaurant...

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same as jb.Maybe start smaller in the states and build.I could see a chain of Monster Cafe ....Texas's?Hang in there buddy!Don't succumb to the ass hattery ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just blew my top. We consulted with a lawyer about it and there is legal action I can take if I deem it necessary...

      Delete
  3. Damn that sucks, but hopefully it will all have a silver lining in the end. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does suck...They realize liquor is a money making business and they want it all...

      Delete
  4. That sux but hang in there. Buffalo NY could use a Monster Cafe though !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa...Man there is too much snow up there for us!

      Delete
  5. Damn corrupt thugs.

    Do you have pop in bottles down there. Like Coke or especiall Pepis. I would love a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see what I can do. I have never bought a bottle of coke here before...

      Delete
  6. Laws don't work the way they should be in Latin América. They annoy the hell on good people and let the nasty ones do whatever they want. I've seen people drinking alcohol and smoking crap on the street and no autorities doing anything. Now the laws go against cool bussiness like yours!
    I know how you feel. My boyfriend, a highly honest guy and expert mountain guide, had problems with crappy laws and corruption too, but happily that belongs to the past.
    Don't let this get you down.
    Good Wishes from Perú

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for reading! Yes the laws in Mexico suck.

      Delete