Saturday, January 12, 2013

Score Saturday- Action figure adventures!

WHOO!  Buzzchuck over at Action figure adventures was nice to me!  I am blown away by his generosity!
Whoa!  Look at what is in this loot.  I am particularly jazzed about a few items.  The C3PO Pez Dispenser is great!  I am doing a secret project with Pez and this fits right in!  Also the Nosferatu!

I gave him a special place in the Monster Cafe display case!  
I opened up the Tygra Thundercats figure...I thought these honestly would suck.  OMG!  They have great articulation and a good look.  I hope to find the rest.


But why am I making the satisfied face?  Oh man...ORIGINAL vintage Star Wars figures!  Hammerhead and Walrus Man!  WOW!  I carried them in my pocket all day while working to look at them periodically.   More than anything these brought me back to being 6 years old.  I now have 5 Star Wars figures from my youth.  Of course I had to explain their relevance to wifey.  I never thought in a million years I would have ANY Star Wars vintage again.  I just thought it wasn't in the cards for me.  


THANKS SO MUCH BUZZCHUCK!  Anytime you are in Saltillo....Free dinner and beers for you and your ilk!  I mean it!  These two figures brightened my day as none have before.  I know most blogs that I read everyone ALREADY has them and probably kept theirs from when they were a kid...But not me.  I have had some tragedies happen in my life.  The loss of toys were a huge thing.  Again thanks so much!  LOVE the vintage Star Wars guys!
I know I will probably NEVER have my entire collection back of vintage Star Wars and it's ok.  I think I can live with it.  But man, you made this blogger so frickin happy.  I never expected to see these.  I could go on and on....

9 comments:

  1. Kevin(Buzz)is one awesome fellow! And am glad to see you all smiles too Hobby. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look positively GIDDY. That's a word I rarely use, but it certainly applies here. Grats on the toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So giddy. These two figures mean more to me than anything that is new.

      Delete
  3. I specifically looked for some monster stuff for you, including some Monsters in my Pocket figures. Mantenna is one of the most monstrous He-Man characters out there. The weirdo figure was kind of monster like also. I stick a PEZ dispenser in every care package I ever send. I knew you had mentioned on here before that you missed your vintage Star Wars figures. I had a couple of duplicates in my custom toy fodder box. So I dug them out and sent them over. The smile on your face is worth every dollar of the outrageous shipping to Mexico. Those toys did their job... they put a smile on someone's face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again! It is outrageous to send here. That is why I gave ya the Texas address first. I am in love with the Star Wars vintage though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. At last I can see the Man behing Monster Cafe Saltillo blog!!
    I also love the laser beam eyes in the fourth photo ;)

    ReplyDelete