Monday, January 7, 2013

Marvel comics sign....NOW WHAT?

I have it on bleedingcool authority that Star Wars comics are coming back to Marvel.  Whoa!  That is huge as well.  With them being at Marvel and Disney owning both...They will never leave.  They TRULY are coming home.  But with that said that possibly screws up my Marvel sign...I asked for and got tremendous feedback last time I asked this....I had picked all 12 heads.  It was going to be Ghost Rider, Thing, Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, Thor, IronMan, Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, ROM, Hellcat, and Daredevil....Work is supposed to start on it on January 15th...

Now I am getting the inkling to put Darth Vadar in there and eliminating one character....But the Darth Vadar from the seventies!  I know this is breaking my own rule of only having heroes on the sign but man....The below pic is so cool!

\
Like this!  With the blue highlights!  Ugghhhh.....I hate deciding between 12.  The DC sign was SO much easier!

I am really wanting a seventies feel here.  Also this character keeps popping into my mind...
Conan.  He was around then...
So was ShangChi!  
But really Conan and Chi are kinda boring headsculpts.  I learned that doing the DC sign with Aquaman and Superman...


What should I do?  Forget Darth or what?  Who should I bump?  


8 comments:

  1. Skip Vader and focus on the 70s super-heroes and you should be all good but if you still feel the need for Vader maybe you could do some sort of Star Wars sign in the cafe with the Marvel comics Vader later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...The sign is basically just for my house. I will put it over my comic collection shelf. It is not for the cafe.

      Delete
  2. I have to go with jboy on this one. Stick with regular Marvel characters, then go with a Star Wars sign another time. The upside to that is there are a ton of Star Wars characters with interesting faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...Maybe you guys are right. I am just so excited about Star Wars in Marvel again.

      Delete
  3. My buddy Doug Moench wrote a lot of issues of Master of Kung Fu. To bad they will not reprint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could if they could just call Fu Manchu something else...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but they would have to edit all the text, and they might even have to edit the art. His likeness may also be part of the copyright. I'm not sure.

      Delete
  4. Totally agree ! Make a different Star Wars sign ! How cool would it be with the old school faces ...

    ReplyDelete