Tuesday, August 26, 2014

SUPER POWERS SUPERMAN

I won an auction recently and I will be doling it out to get as many blog posts as possible.  I was around in 1984.  12 years old.  The first Super Powers figure I ever saw was the Flash.  I bought him immediately.  The Super Powers were some of my favorite figures as a kid.  But with the fire of my house, they all went up in smoke.  So I am glad I won this little guy.
Very happy indeed to have another Super Powers figure after what...30 years!  He is incomplete however...SO.......My artist will be making his cape for him.  I hope it turns out good.  He also came with a JLU Wonder Woman.  Heck yeah!  Although I would prefer a Super Powers one.  This JLU one cannot sit down.  That sucks.  I hope to get more Super Powers one day.

What I want to know is...WHY did the line end after 3 waves?  They hardly even scratched the surface.  Mattel did more than Kenner ever did.  Since retro is so popular why hasn't Hasbro gone back to these gems?

7 comments:

  1. Nice! Can't wait to see the home made cape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind having a couple Superpowers figs In the old collection.Nice win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Hasbro owns Kenner and does Marvel while the DC stuff is in Mattel's camp...Which they are doing some DC Classics/Super Powers inspired release on giant size Kenner style cards...look cool but pricey at $30 bucks a pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of the new Mattel 6 inchers...What I want is to go back to the 4.5 inch scale like these are.

      Delete
  4. Still own my original Super Powers. An amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete