Friday, May 9, 2014

SURPRISE STAR WARS FIGURES!

So a little about me....Since BuzzChuck sent me Walrus Man and Hammerhead my nostalgia factor has been kicked up intensly for vintage Star Wars figures.  I got the Cantina and had it remodeled recently etc.  So I joined a Vintage Star Wars Kenner Facebook group.   I decided to tell my story of how I lost my Star Wars collection.  That my friends, Dale LaValley, Bill Staley and his cousin Shawn broke into my home when Dad and I had moved to Seattle and stole everything and vandalized the house so badly the cleanup crew threw everything away as it was covered in paint etc.

Everything went!  I had everything Star Wars as this happened in 1980.  I had all Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back stuff, 1979 Alien figure, Skedoodle, Little Professor, etc.  My entire Atari 2600 system and all the games I had, My Power Records collection, My Mego collection,

GONE ALL GONE!

So a guy named Anthony Melendez read my story.  He decided since I had the Cantina to send me Greedo.  I was shocked as usual.  I waited a few weeks as that is what I have to do...He sent me much more than a broken old used up Greedo...
 OMG!  A Jawa, Boba Fett, Greedo, Anakin Skywalker, and Obi Won Kenobi!  I was in shock.  They were immaculate AND with their weapons!!!!
I actually came to tears receiving this.  He sent the best.  They are proudly displayed with the Cantina along with Hammerhead, Walrus Man and the Red Snaggletooth and Bib Fortuna I found down here.

I just gotta get the main 10 others and I can put this collection to bed.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. When Star Wars figures first came out they came out with 12. I have the Jawa and Ben Kenobi now...That just leaves the other 10. Han, Chewbacca, Leia, Luke, Vadar, Sandpeople, Death Star Gunner, C3po, R2, and one I cannot remember right now.

      Delete
    2. I think the Stormtrooper is the last one. From what I've seen, Luke and R2 will probably cost you the most out of that bunch. Good luck on the collection!

      Delete
  2. That picture of you Hobby is priceless my friend congrats on the new additions to your Star Wars family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the pee restrictions in the cantina lol!Just kidding buddy.Amazing score ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you think the bartender didn't want the droids there? They use the bathroom and never order anything.

      Delete
  4. That's really cool. Did your buddy in Texas get the box I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. Believe me he is also my camera man right now. I will post as soon as I see it.

      Delete
    2. hmm, I'll have to look around for the tracking slip.

      Delete
  5. That was both the saddest and happiest story I have ever heard! Sounds like you hung out with some real douchebags! Anyway, the ending helps to restore my faith in humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I love when others come together for other collectors. Glad to see your replacement Star Wars collection is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know you have an awesome collection!

      Delete