Sunday, May 4, 2014

REMCO FRANKENSTEIN!

I gotta tell ya...I am so happy to get this one.  34 years ago Dale LaValley and my "friends" broke into my house and destroyed it.  Stole all of my toys.  Well I got a little bit back today.  I am an Elephant that never forgets what happens to me.

I never forgot this little 8 inch guy.
 Yes.  I FINALLY have one of the Remco Frankenstein's!  Seeing as I OWN a Monster Cafe the monster community should be sending me this stuff on a regular basis.  I should not have to hunt one down.  So forgive me if I feel a little entitled.  No one else in the world had the balls to do what I did in opening a Monster Cafe!
I almost wanted to cry.  And yeah, he isn't going to be naked for long.  My new sewing gal will sew him up just right.  He will look brand new!  I love restoring old things.
Isn't he the COOLEST thing ever?  I may love this more than my Star Wars Cantina!  I am starting to feel like my old self again!  She sewed him perfectly!  Even managing to get the green turtleneck underneath.  I think I love my new sewing gal.  He is perfect.  The reason in the picture of his pant leg feeling a little short is only the posistion he was in when my friend took the shot.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome and congrats Hobby! This is a fantastic score for you and the cafe'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO awesome! I love having it again after 34 years!

      Delete
  2. Very nice!That's the Frankenstein I remember as a kid.Well ,he and Herman from the Munsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had a Herman figure. Just this and the 4 inch one.

      Delete
  3. Do not have these ..
    Remember the Dracula.... By his arms ... some "Grabber-action"... Cool....
    Sorry to hear of what happened to your old Collection....
    we will see what we have to go with Jango ( Still looking for Modok )
    Have a great day good Sir Hobgoblin....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apart from missing his duds which you've done a great job of fixing up he looks like he's in great condition. Nice pick up and will definitely add to the ambiance in the cafe. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I think I almost prefer getting naked toys to fix up. It is obvious no one wants them. If I can save an old toy it gives me great satisfaction.

      Delete