Friday, September 13, 2013

WWF CUSTOM KING OF THE RING THRONE PLAYSET!

Oh yeah.  The wrestling crap just keeps on getting churned out.  While the guys over at wrestlingfigs.com make steel cages till the cows come home, we do things a little differently here.  By making playsets NO ONE has ever done before!  I used this image below to start with.
This was King of the Ring 1996.  The one Austin won.  I always liked this set.  Steps up to the throne with the cape and crown on the side.

Found this image on Google for a closeup of what the throne looks like.  With the lions etc.

So let's see what my artist came up with...
 My artist ROCKS!  Look at that!  Even includes fuzzy purple stuff.  I wanted purple instead of red because I wanted the carpet red.
 King Owen Hart!  The King of Harts!  Owen won it in 1994 with an assist from Jim Neidhart.  Loved the bad guy Owen!  My artist even made the thing the cape hangs on and the thing the crown rests on.
 Yup.  Austin won it too.  The famous Austin 3:16 came about at KOTR in 1996.
 He even detailed the back of it!  This stuff is hard too!  Great play quality!
Uh oh...Got caught playing with my toys again.  Yeah that joke NEVER gets old does it?


I am  a little dis-satisfied with the black in the stone.  I am going to repaint it another form of grey to look a little more natural.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty cool Hobby! Did your artist start from scratch on the chair or did they sculpt details onto some sort of toy chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Started from scratch. It is a wood chair he made then sculpted the other parts on to it.

      Delete
  2. Really awesome, but you should have a cloak like material behind the seat. Not a crowd! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting with these custom projects since April. I have no cloak like material ready yet. Unfortunatly a crowd is going to be the defacto background for quite a while.

      Delete
  3. Anything "special" that you are looking for to display in your Monster Cafe"... We have a life-time of collecting ... Horror ? Sci-fi And Lots of Star Wars" as well as my beloved "Villains")
    Many you can just have... Some we will we will let you have Very cheaply... if your are interested...
    You seem like a "good guy" and ( along with knowing that my items will be displayed for other to see) We like to help out fellow collectors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man you are too generous. Any of the Remco 4 inch monsters. Any of the new Moebius model monster kits except for the swimming creature. Any of the original Star Wars collection from the seventies. Just check out my Wednesday Wishlists. They are chock full of things.

      Thank you again!

      Delete
  4. We will see what Star wars things that are lying around as well should mail Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete