Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Controversial Thursday- Cosplaying, Divas, and ruination

Welcome to Controversial Thursday where I speak openly about what I am thinking...What issues concern me....This week is about cosplaying.  I like cosplaying.  It is about dressing up as your favorite character and prancing around at a comic convention.  Did you notice the definition?  Dressing up as YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER...IMO.....Cosplaying today is not about dressing up as YOUR favorite character.  Take this one...
Two costumes are correct....One is not.  She is a cute gal no doubt....But a hardcore comic fan who dressed up as a Girl version of Wolverine?  Um, no.  This little girl just wants attention from males.  Nothing more.  She wouldn't know what a Snikt is from a Bamf.  I highly doubt she has ever read a comic in her life.  Probably saw the Wolverine movie and that was about it.  I HATE cosplaying for the sake of showing your body.  Edit- Turns out it is an obscure Rachel Grey...Ughh...So this girl found someone not used in awhile and made a costume of it.  That is like my dressing up as the Hypno Hustler so I can be cool.
Case in point.  This bimbo....She is using this opportunity to show her tits.  Nothing more.  I would be willing to bet money she has NEVER picked up an issue of the JSA-Justice Society of America in her little life.  She probably met a comic geek at work one day and he suggested that she looks alot like Power Girl.  And there you have it.  She is too embarrassed to show her tits at a strip club because THAT would be demeaning but in her thought process it is ok to walk around a comic book convention like this because uh...it isn't considered lewd...It reminds me of...
These vacid idiots.  The Diva division of the WWE.  The Diva Search contest to be exact.  All of these morons MET Kamala!  They ALL reacted like they had no idea who he was.  Therefore these pathetic hot bodies only wanted to be on TV.  They had NO love for wrestling itself whatsoever.  Pisses me off to no end.  Here I am with a passion for wrestling and get no where whereas these asses get contracts ALL because they look pretty and even after training cannot wrestle worth a shit.

I guess I am still a proponent of Kayfabe.  Wheather in wrestling or in the comic book world.  It USED to be the comic geeks had their own world and their own language.  We were the only ones who knew these characters and suffered with them in their trials and tribulations.  It wasn't for the pretty people.  Somewhere along the way that all changed.  The characters are now destroyed.  
I mean look at them!  This is what kids feel superheroes are today.  Even some in the blogging community SUPPORT this bastardization!  It astounds me.  Since when are ANY of these characters bubbly and warm?  It is ridiculous.  My childhood has been corrupted because of this shit.  
This is a rumbler Shamus.  I cannot believe people actually collect this crap either.  How do they reconcile the BADASS Shamus on TV with this cute little puke here?  I don't get it.

I believe in Kayfabe.  I want my wrestlers powerhouses.  I do NOT want them cutsy....Same with comic book characters.  Wolverine is a KILLER!  Not smiling joining the others in hugs!  

FUCK YOU Marvel, WWE, and false cosplayers!

Leave that cute shit for My little pony and the Cabbage patch kids. 






10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cool right? But I don't think that kid was really reading early Defenders books.

      Delete
  2. So, I take it you're not watching "Heroes of Cosplay".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in Mexico we are lucky to get Gilligan's Island...much less that.

      Delete
  3. After years of studying "abnormal" Psychology... We do better at getting into "how the character Thinks"... as well as their appearance...
    ... Got my "Joker" outfit at a Sci-Fi / Fantasy charity auction...
    It was made by a lady who makes costumes for movies....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have finally decided to do a cosplay costume. If I ever get a chance to go to a U.S. con I will wear it.

      Delete
  4. You really know how to cut a guy to the BONE Hobby. To. The. Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vehemently disagree with everything you have said here. First of all, how do you know the girl in picture one isn't a HUGE wolverine fan? Maybe instead of putting fake sideburns and going as a male wolverine, she thought it would be fun to try a female version. This doesn't make her less a fan... Also, are you just assuming that someone with big boobs can't also be a comic book fan? That power girl outfit is pretty damn good and you can bet she put alot of time and/or money into it... I find it hard to believe someone would do that just for "using this opportunity to show her tits" when she could do that much cheaper than that. Some of those cosplayers ARE paid to dress up and there is a good chance those ones aren't fans, but they are paid to do it because MOST red-blooded straight men are happy to see them there. Alot of good has come from comics being mainstreamed.. some bad, sure, but mostly good. If you don't like the cartoony kid stuff, stick to the comics! As a parent of 2, I am glad those cutesy versions are out there.. I would not let my son read most of the Batman comics out there and I certainly wouldn't let him watch the newer movies, but I'm also glad that he loves Batman and that there is a medium where he can watch it.

    As far as wrestling is concerned... the whole thing is a joke anyway so who cares... calm down. You are going to have to come to grips with the reality that you are not the only fanboy out there and that these companies have to cater to ALL their demographics if they plan to retain them. Grow up.

    ReplyDelete