Thursday, September 12, 2013

Controversial Thursday- customizers...

This was made just a few months ago...

I hate these kinds of asshats.....Lord Tensai JUST came back and someone just has to customize one.  They cannot wait 6 months for Mattel to release a figure of him.  So they cut up a perfectly good figure because they have no patience.  When the real deal comes out they will buy him and this poor custom will be sold on Ebay or something like that.  Even if I had the disposible income to cut up my figures I wouldn't do it.  If offends me.  Especially if I don't have it yet.  I have seen on Ebay people ruining countless figures and think they are artists by charging hundreds of dollars for their "art".  Ughh....

10 comments:

  1. We will dust Modok off as best as we can ...(believe that the "Di-cast" smaller version sits there as well ... We will have to wait til next week to mail good Sir Hobgoblin...
    And give us a bit to find Baron Zemo ... and yuo can have him as well
    And thanks for an address in the US... much cheaper postage....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the only way that Stacey could get an "Evil Ernie" figure....
    And mine has "glow" hands and face...!!!
    and moveable jaw... And is now a cherished possession...
    And used some of the parts of the other figure to create a really creepy "minion" for one of my other figures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some Toy company made an Evil Ernie figure though.

      Delete
    2. Moore's Collectables (more than a year later" .. and mine has far more "articulation" than their version...

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I know where you are coming from, but I also like to make custom figures. When the net first became popular I remember seeing some custom figures made out of harder to find vintage Star Wars figures and it made me kind of sad. On the other hand. I have made tons of custom GI Joe figures over the years because in the early 2000's, loose figures were cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just talking about doing customs while the line is still going.

      Delete
  4. Not big on customization or alternate heads packed with figures.You can only sport one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ok for a head change...but to cut etc. on it thus ruining it...I hate it.

      Delete
  5. My "Mars Attacks" ..."komo Doth" ( who was shot by another high rank Martian, Thus, A huge hole through his upper body.....) I custom made the exposed "Guts" (which glow in the dark)
    So we could have him in my collection.... And removed the capes from "Ambassador" figures to have"foot-soldiers".... They look impressive ... sometimes it is Ok to customize....

    ReplyDelete