Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday Marvel Universe edition

Oh yeah we all have them! A sweet wishlist of stuff we wish we had. I remember one of my firsts. Seeing the backcard of the new Super Powers collection. Wow! Dr. Fate? That was a thrilling time. I took that backcard with me to school for the next few weeks looking at it through periods. I was not a DC fan but had grown up a Marvelite. I picked up a DC comic and there it was on inside the cover.
But alas....This is not a post about Super Powers.  This is a wishlist for something IMO far grander!  The new Hasbro Marvel Universe line!  See, Superpowers were just too big to play with my GI Joe collection.  They were out of place.  About an inch too high.  But MU is made in scale to them as is Star Wars.  Look how awesome they are!
When I was young I also loved the Secret Wars comic!  A small gathering of heroes vs. likewise villains on a distant planet.  The writing was good and so was the drawing!  Except the Secret Wars line had WEIRD character choices...Falcon? Electro? Iceman? Hobgoblin? Baron Zemo?  WHAT?  Who in the blue hell was making those choices?  But all that can be fixed now in the correct 3.75 scale!
Sadly I lived in Mexico when these came out and the ones that did make it here were $50!  Way to go Mexico!  Charge an arm and a leg to poor people that cannot afford the basic prices in the first place.  But this is why they are on my wishlist!  Now Hasbro made all 12 comics but did not make all characters...YET....Who are we missing?  Molecule Man, Titania, Volcana, The Beyonder, Captain Marvel who now goes by the idiotic name of Photon.  Sorry Marvel she will always be Captain Marvel to me.  Sorry as well to Shazam!  But you are Shazam as your TV show indicated...Am I missing anymore?
I suppose I could add Zsasi to the list...I cannot remember the spelling of her name right now but since she didn´t appear outside of Secret Wars I can let it go.  I have a few MU´s but none from the Secret Wars.  I hope that will change one day.

See how WELL they work with Star Wars!  If only they had this scale out when I was a kid!





7 comments:

  1. I would be more then happy to help you acquire a few of these if you need shopper in the states.I dont really collect these guys myself but I do know that my local walmart has a decent looking selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me think about it. I have a friend with an address in Texas. BUT he lives here. The thing is getting money to you etc.

      Delete
  2. I never collected the original Star Wars figures because I didn't like their small size. When GI JOE went from 12 to 3 3/4 inches I was totally turned off. It wasn't until they started to make 6 inch characters that I started collecting action figures again. I never thought they could get so much detail into the smaller size. Seeing the new Marvel Universe line, I am impressed with all the effort that went into the figures but they aren't for me. I have most of those characters at the larger size anyways. Six inches is the limit for me which sounds weird when I read it back to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Cal! I was like that too until this past year. 3.75 takes up much less storage space then do 6 inch figures AND 3.75 has vehicles made. There is usually nothing for 6 inch. That was the clincher for me and I sold all my 6 inch a few years ago.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your hunt for these my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great point on the 6 inch figures not having any vehicles.I'm not sure why they don't though?I remember the 80's RAMBO line of figures having some awesome vehicles and background playsets.Heck even Sectaurs had awesome hand-puppet insects to ride on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wish list includes the DC Universe collection. Yes they are larger. Cause I feel the larger the figure the better the detail. But the Marvel figures do look cool. They look great amongst the Clones.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete