Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It´s new Toy Tuesday Time! We can repair him...

I have deadicated pun intended.....After all this is Monster Cafe....So I have deadicated Tuesdays to be New Toy Tuesday.  I do not get many new toys because of the cost but when I do I will blog about it.  Hopefully I am not so lame that I do get some every week.  Every day of the week in Saltillo they have a pulgas....Which means a flea market.  Now it is mostly fleas there but sometimes...BARELY they have some neat stuff.  It is mostly Mcdonalds toys.  So with that said this is what I found a few weeks ago....


Yes that is Hulk riding a horse.  Are you kidding me?  This is the 1979 Mego Hulk figure 12 inches!  WHOOO!  One of my childhood favorites.  Back in 1980 or so my ¨friends¨decided to break in my house because they were incredibly jealous of my sweet toys.  They made off with tons of stuff and lied to their mothers that they bought them for 25 cents at a house sale.  Mego Hulk was one of the casualties.  So now I have him again!  Also got a Battlecat sans armor.  Remember the other day about me telling you that Mexico strips naked it´s toys?  The horse I bought because I plan on one day getting a planet of the apes figure and mounting him in this bad boy.  The last three figures are 1990 Marvel PVC figurines.   Ghost Rider, Captain Britain and Thanos in the famous come get me pose of Infinity Gauntlet issue 4.

So now we come to a few weeks later.  There are some lovely Viejitas here that do sewing.  That means some older ladies probably in the early 70s that sew patches on clothes and things like that.  So I got them to fix up my Hulk the way I remember it for very few pesos.  Probably 2 dollars.  Sure beats the heck out of Ralph´s clothing over in Vietnam or wherever he is from that charges $20 for a robe for a wrestling figure.


Doesn´t he look great!  All restored like brand new!  Hulk SMASH Big Stupid Robot!  Yeah that is my only Sentinel figure.  I hate the colors on it.  I know Hasbro made an exclusive correct version but really....I have liked everything else they have done but...that is a story for another time.


She even correctly got the tattered shirt that I wanted!  This woman is AWESOME!  I plan on repairing other figures I have.


One day my Famous Covers Vision will get a cape, Goldust Mattel will get a robe and poor LJN Rowdy Roddy Piper will get a skirt....Oh I am sorry Roddy...A kilt....
I think I should have named this blogpost WAR reperations....




9 comments:

  1. Thats an awesome find! Iv been thinking about getting a new 12 inch mego Hulk for a while now because mine fell apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a RARITY that something this good pops up though.

      Delete
  2. Battle Cat! I for some reason had 2 of them. Now I have none :(

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Hulk with the clothing and he looks just like your repro one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not care about if something is original or repro. I just care that I have one! That goes for most anything.

      Delete
  4. That Hulk is bad a@$!As a kid I remember finding a bunch of MEGO figures that had been left in a house we were moving into,but at that time i was into G.I. Joes and couldn't care less about them.Had I known then what I know now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found another Mego here I will blog about one day.

      Delete
  5. Nice Hulk. Debería pasearme más entre mercaditos y pulgas.

    ReplyDelete