Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday Survey- Which state has the most comic book....

Comic book conventions?  Does anyone know which state has the most?  I am looking for quantity not quality. 

After 6 years I am starting to realize how many toys I am missing.  Mexico SUCKS for toys.  Even at their one convention called Zombie Fest they had one figure marked up 200%....
 
Ebay USED to be good....Until the scalpers took ahold of it.  Now a Hulk MU figure some jackass is selling for $40....That I COULD find in the stores right now....I hate people sometimes.  So that option to find figures is out.  So I am thinking toy shows or comic conventions will be my best bet.  Which state has the most flea markets and toy shows?
 
Anyone know?

13 comments:

  1. I wonder if you got my package yet? I too remember how great Ebay used to be. I would be able to get lots of entire lines of figures (Earthworm Jim, The Shadow, Zena, Avengers animated) for pennies. Stupid world ruins everything I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Kal! My guy goes to Texas probably in another week or so.

      Delete
  2. Is true is Ebay has turned terrible in years gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the reasons I've given up on MU is because I mostly shop on eBay and the prices for that particular line are ridiculous.But if you refine your search and look beyond the first 20 pages of items,you're sure to find a gem.As far as which state has the most comic cons...not sure.Cali maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have about 15 comic book stores with in a relatively close vicinity to me (driving less then 2 hours for most) and 7 flea markets. There are 3 conventions that happen close by one of them being the yearly heroes con but even with all those it can be a very over priced and dry playing field at times. I was impressed the the volume of comic shops I saw in New York a few years back but Im not really sure what they have now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. check out the comic shop locator... http://www.comicshoplocator.com/Home/1/1/57/575

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but comic shops ALWAYS gouge their customers when it comes to toys. I was kinda looking more towards toy shows etc.

      Delete
  6. I have a comic guy here in New York that I have all my titles on order for a discount and get them like a subscription, other than that its pretty sparce. IDK what the prejudice is about FleaBay but if you are patient and search carefully you really can get the best deals....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in New York for around 2 years. Went to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts on Madison and 29th. Went to Jim Hanley's universe, Forbidden Planet, and Village comics all the time.

      Delete
    2. Other side of the State....upstate New York :) Lots more snow ....

      Delete