Friday, June 14, 2013

Sidehighwall match!

Speaking of wrestling again....Here is the Side Highwall match.  Now remember the original Sidehighwall match was just a cardboard box I put next to the ring and had my wrestlers fight on top of it etc. when I was a kid.  Ah...a kid's imagination...
Yeah...It is just a wooden box with metal wiring all over it...

Now it looks much better!  We spray painted it black.  Now it looks a little more formidable!

Here it is in the Monster Cafe with the weirdo blue lighting!  Whoa!  Fighting on top...

Here is Ric Flair vs. Austin!  Flair is ramming Austin's head into the side of it...


This was my tribute to my childhood self pretending that my cardboard box that I had my wrestlers in was this thing.  What a dangerous match it was!  I had the bloodiest matches with Jakks Legion of Doom and whatever other helpless tag team.  I think it looks good.  NOT practical AT ALL for an arena mind you as it wipes out a fourth of your audience.  But hey....I had a blast playing with just a boring cardboard box back in the day....Now we get groovy and bloody with this thing.  Plus it acts as a storage as I can fill it up with crap!

This was the only out of the box, parden the pun, playset for me....The next to come will be more realistic in regards to the WWF until I finish all of them.  And wouldn't ya know it....My artist came by with a surprise!  The Hogpen match is already done!  Whoa!  We are whipping up these projects all fast and furious like...He is coming tomorrow hopefully to take pics of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hobby this great! I love seeing childhood playthings come to life like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait. I am in full wrestling fever right now...

      Delete