Friday, February 15, 2013

Different sign....

Well...I have changed my mind yet again.  I am not doing the Marvel head sign.  I am doing something alot more expensive!  I thought a Marvel sign with heads around it would look too much like my DC one.  So instead I am reimagining a Marvel seventies poster with more characters in it.

However I am having the artist tweak it a bit.  I will be removing Doc Savage, Kid Colt, Dr. Doom and Nick Fury and adding 4 other different characters.  Cyclops to have an Xmen vibe in there, Godzilla, A Shogun Warrior, and an ape from Planet of the apes.  I should be starting this pretty soon.  It'll cost around $166.....Gotta save for that.  It will also probably be a couple of months for completion.  After this I will be doing less expensive things...

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think it will be. Just the thing to hang over my comic book collection one day!

      Delete
  2. Genius idea. I love 1970's Marvel art and I'm sure the finished product will be awesome.

    Personally, if it was me, I would add a first appearance or Giant Sized X-Men Annual #1 Wolverine instead of Cyclops. Maybe even add KISS to the poster since Marvel released KISS comics in the 70's.

    Just my 2 cents, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool idea, it will look great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe there are no X-Men on that poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. They were somewhat popular in the seventies..

      Delete