Sunday, January 26, 2014

Uh oh...I am wanting to collect He-man again...

I was out.  I had grown up.  I thought He-man was ridiculous....But the new Matty stuff seemed cool.  Better articulation and it toned down on the goofiness that is He-man.  I found some here in Mexico and sold them off in my cafe 2 years ago.  I even had BuzzChuck's Mantenna in the display case to get rid of.

But then poking around Ebay, I find the FrightZone.  I would have been all over this as a kid but I was out of He-man at the time.  Right when they introduced Hordak is when I fell out of love with it.  I think I was gravitating more towards comics to notice.

BuzzChuck Kevin's Mantenna came worn as most eighties toys are.  The eyes are all scratched out.  But he called out to me from the Monster Cafe display case.  "Help me"  Those puppy dog googly eyes of his.  He kept calling out to me.  "Stay a little longer Harry.  Hold me a little longer.  What was I supposed to do?"  Yeah I just threw in a When Harry met Sally reference...
 Like I said I was out of He-man by the time Hordok came around.  And that included Mantenna...
His eyes were so badly scratched.  I couldn't stand it.  Plus I had no personal connection to him.  So I decided to restore him a bit.

I think they could be good monsters for my MU heroes to fight.  Even in their goofiness....He-man WAS a part of my childhood and he DOES belong on my shelf of childhoodiness.  He looks alot better.  I am on the hunt here in ole Mexico for Masters of the Universe.  Watch out!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Eternia Hobby. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks go. I sent him because the Horde members were all monsters. The Fright Zone is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job ! I never got into MOTU too much but I recently had to get the original He-Man just for the memory.

    ReplyDelete