Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MY SMALL SHELF OF EPIC NOSTALGIA!

I hope to add to it one day.  These are toys that I loved as a kid and was able to reacquire...My new years resolution is to add more toys or books from my childhood.  So....I will be stopping the custom wrestling playsets for awhile.
Keep in mind that this is not the final shelf for them!  I am going to have an epic nostalgia shelf made one day.  So this area is temporary.  Thanks again to Kevin for Walrus Man and Hammerhead.  What great nostalgia they gave me!   The rest of these I found in Mexico.  Battlecat sans harness is frustrating.  I have found 3 in the wild here.  The Huge Hulk figure just keeps getting better to look at each day!  It was made during the height of the Bill Bixby show.  I had a blast restoring the shirt to him.  If I find old toys without clothes I plan on restoring them as well.  My only Secret Wars figure is luckily my namesake!  The Hobgoblin!  This is the one figure that truly captured Stern's run in Amazing Spiderman.

So that is it.  Due to my house burning down and the neighborhood kids ransacking the house all those years ago...Not to mention the great sell off when Dad died, all of these are toys I had in my childhood.

I gotta tell ya, sometimes I get a little jealous after seeing other people's blogs and what they have.  I had all of it too long ago.  This year I gotta get my butt in gear and get some of that stuff back.  Thanks to all the blogs I comment on showcasing your toys.  Many I remember and some I see for the first time.

The one I relate to most is Reis.  He and I are around the same age and he has alot of the stuff that I had as a kid.  I hope one day to have a collection like he does.

To a successful 2014!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on your collection. It's hard enough finding some of this stuff around here, I imagine it's doubly so down where you are. I gotta wonder though, what did kids in Mexico play with in the 70's and 80's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...When bloggers visit their local flea market or comic book convention and post pics my mouth waters...

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling. Most of our thrift stores don't seem to carry action figures anymore, and the only thing I find in flea markets are bootlegs.

      Delete
  2. I cannot find the Address... so very sorry... I will mail out Modok and the "Where's the Beef" items... will have to wait for the week of the 3rd for mailing others... so sorry for the delay my Friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the address on your blog. Do not send anything to the old address as it no longer works.

      Delete
  3. Loving that Hobgoblin!It's very pricey on Ebay.Great display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hulk was Naked when I bought it cheap. I sewed clothes for it and it looks brand new! I love restoring Vintage toys. Just wait!

      Delete