Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Camp Crystal Lake never looked betta!

Told you I would break with the wrestling thing.  At least for this week.  I first saw Friday the 13th part 1 because of my childhood friend Brett Burchfield.  I have blogged about this before but he also lived right across the street from a wooded park.  Which also had a little cabin type thing for grills and cookouts.   For my 10 year old brain, it was Jason's shack as seen in part 2.  Which I also saw with Brett.

The Friday movies left such an impression on me.  Especially those first two.  In part 2 the quirky redheaded kid who would go on to star in Just one of the guys and his two friends find an original camp crystal lake sign.
To me, that was terrifying!!!  I have no idea why.  Just a plain ordinary sign to me.  But Jason was lurking in the trees watching them.  I wanted a different sign.  They SHOULD have found the one featured so prominently in the first film.
This one is the one I am talking about.  That would have been alot more meaningful had they found this sign in the woods.  So....here we go!
Can't you see the SHEER joy on my face?  My own Camp Crystal Lake sign!  WHOOO!

Oh yeah baby!  The only thing that would make this pic better is if I had a machete in my hand.




11 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I should make up a sign like that for the Haunted Hay Ride I work at each fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool sign good Sir Hobgoblin.... Wish my nervous disorder would still let me do art work,,,, and thanks for your visits to our Crypt ... the "Neighbors" have us in a bad mood for now ...
    your faithful follower and Friend .... Stacey ...
    And we were serious about sending you our Modok figures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. I don't like to have my address made public. How about contacting me via Facebook? Monster Cafe Saltillo.

      Delete
  3. It never ceases to amaze me the awesome stuff you have created for your collection. AWESOME. Just AWESOME. You are such a big kid and it is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the best comment I have ever had! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Very cool!

    By the way, as a fellow horror fan be sure to check out my web site dedicated to horror which I've been running for over 15 years now!!! GOREZONE.NET!!!

    http://gorezone.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure how to leave a message on your Facebook page but I am.interested in how to get some graphics or pics of the art work and also the fonts and all for the Crystal lake sign. I am.making one for Halloween and in need of some certain graphics and thought you might be able to help. Thanks,Matthew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...Sorry. My artist just saw the pic and painted it himself for me. That is it in a nutshell.

      Delete