Sunday, May 12, 2013

Where's the Beef?

Really?  Where's the beef bubblegum?  I have to have this!  The entire box!  OMG!  For some reason I love this little old lady.  I loved the ad campaign even more.  Hell who didn't back then?
She passed away a year and a few months after Wrestlemania 2.  She and Herb the ad guy from Burger King were in attendance.  I HOPE McMahon puts her in the hall of fame one day.  Wendy's sure did screw this lady out of ALOT of money after single handedly saving their sorry ass.

Ain't she pretty?  I am going to put this on front of a T shirt I will make here in Mexico.

I will put this image on the back of the shirt.

The above is Herb from Burger King's heyday of good ads.

His name was John Menkin.  My Uncle in Atlanta swore that he put this guy up....Meaning he rented a room from my Uncle.  I kind of doubt it but one never knows.
  I am going to do a Herb shirt too!
Oh it will be epic I assure you.  I have 8 shirts I am doing right now and hope to show them off one day soon.

8 comments:

  1. Ah the memories of these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic ! Remember that commercial like it was yesterday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. E-Mail us an Adress and I I have an old piece .. to send to you Good Hobgoblis ... no Cost , of course... just glad to help out a "Collector"... your "fiend" and follower ... the Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  4. The appropriate thing to do would be to ask me permission to use my illustration before printing it on a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didn't ask Boris Karloff's daughter if I could use her father's image for my cafe or anyone else for that matter. Why should I start with you when I found the image on a random google search like you found my site? But...I really do not like your drawing. Do you know of another better pic? Oh and I also didn't call Clara Peller's family to ask permission but I am SURE you did that when you made a drawing of her.

      Delete
  5. Please. Do not reproduce my illustration. You are free to post it on your site, as long as you include a credit. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete