Friday, May 10, 2013

FIGURES TOY COMPANY HAS ENTIRE DC LICENSE!

I was a child of the seventies.  Born in 72 mind you.  I was right at the end of the Mego line.  Had Spidey, Hulk, Cap, Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, IronMan, Conan and that was it.  Never owned anyone else.  There was this comic at Lionel Playworld that I picked up once.

This was it!  Superhero Catalog number 2.  I spent hours pouring over the drawings of REAL products inside this thing.  Real products like this...
The Mego figures themselves!  AND their vehicles...And playsets too.  They all came from some place in New Jersey called HeroesWorld.  In fact one of their last orders before they went out of business was ME ordering IronMan and Conan.  Then they closed shop.   The Megos were out of business too.  Star Wars fever had struck me but I still loved the Megos I had.  Throughout the years I would always look at the auctions for Megos on Ebay but never bought.  Could never justify spending $400 on one action figure.  

So it really bowled me over to find out not only did Figures toy Company who I did do business with over 10 years ago buying their wrestling figures, got the Batman 1966 line and the Mego Batman line has just announced they got the ENTIRE DC line!  ALL of the vehicles above will be done again.  ALL playsets will be done again.  WHOA!  What is old is new again folks.
The ENTIRE DC line!!!!  So frickin cool.

I gotta tell you I am really excited.  I do not know if I will ever be able to afford any of these but it is nice to dream about it.
I missed out of the Mego Star Trek AND the new EMCE Star Trek...Hell those are about the same prices as REAL Megos are now!  The prices for these are insane.  They need to release these again too.

But then my thoughts dwell on Marvel....Will they get that license?  I am missing my old Megos...

10 comments:

  1. The Mego "Joker Van" was what I wanted for Christmas as a kid... I got the Batman one instead... Always wanted this toy for my Joker collection... but on E-bay It is far too expensive... So, we will Never be able to obtain this item....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude yeah we will. Figures toy company is REPRODUCING the Joker Van! ALL of the old Mego DC stuff is going to be done! You can have it again!

      Delete
    2. A New Version of this classic toy ....???
      Awesome.....!!!

      Delete
  2. Occurrences like this are what make toy collecting so much fun Hobby.I remember moving into a new house as a kid and finding a Green Arrow Mego and chucking it.Should'a,would'a,could'a, but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I remember finding out about the second wave of Super Powers figures roughly the same way.

      Delete
  3. I always wonder what this kind of re-release will do to the value of the original figures. Will the new toys satisfy the needs of many collectors and make the hard to find originals less desirable, or will it inspire casual fans to hunt down the original figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have none of the original figures, I could give 2 cents...

      Delete
    2. I feel you Buzz. I can pick up an 80's version Snake Eyes figure for about 20 bucks.The POC version with swappable heads sells for about 40 bucks right now.

      Delete
  4. Dude, you scooped me on this. I figured this was coming and I am looking forward to see what they'll be producing. They say they are reproducing the original Mego sets as well as having some new creations of vehicles. Unfortuntely, someone else will have to do the Mego Marvel toys. Neither DC or Marvel will license to you if you are already producing toys for one or the other. Mego had a licensing gold mine back in the day for having licensing for both DC and Marvel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on John! Pez has both the Marvel and DC license at the same time...So does Minimates! I think you will be surprised here.

      Delete