Sunday, May 19, 2013

After all these years I finally know the name!

LION ROCK!  Another piece of my childhood is now in place!  I have asked at the MegoMuseum back when I was a member in good standing before the site owner banned me just for stating I didn't like he had to watermark ALL his pictures...I publically apologize if I ruffled his feathers.  But hey it was Controversial Thursday.  Anything goes.

But anyways No one knew the answer. A Mego Type guy that I was for SURE was a Mego... In a random Ebay search I finally have the answer!
A company called Lion Rock made this.  The Snow trooper above.  I had this guy as a kid.  I made him my Iceman to hang out with the other Marvel Megos.  He is dated 1975.  I do not own the figure mind you, it is just a swipe off of Ebay.  But at LEAST I have the knowledge now.
They came out with others as well.  These are the only ones I found on the net.  

I wonder if Figures toy company could re release these?  Time will tell.




6 comments:

  1. I remember those too. They were sold in Germany. I think I had that same snow guy that you did. I remember the knife in the belt clearly how you got cool accessories with these ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were? Somehow they made their way to GA...

      Delete
  2. I vaguely recalled this one Hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was searching for the name of them for the longest.

      Delete
  3. Cool ! I had a similiar experience trying to find out about the Military 1 figures :)

    ReplyDelete