Saturday, January 10, 2015

HORIZON CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON

I have always wanted a Horizon monster model kit.  I always saw them in the Atlanta comic shops but they were always ridiculously expensive.  They had them all back then.  Freddy, Jason, Ash, Aliens kits, Marvel, and DC....AND some Universal Monsters.  Since I have a Monster Cafe.  I had to go with a Monster kit.
I found a recaster on Ebay.  Yes a recaster.  Model kit guys hate recasters.  Um, not me.  I love them.  Therefore I got Creature of the Black Lagoon for only $12!  The real Horizon one is $100 at least.  So my artist will paint him up and create a custom base for him.  It is going to be awesome.  If this pans out well I will pick up the Mummy, Drac, and Son of Frankenstein.
I think it's going to turn out well.  I would never dare to take on a resin kit myself.  I have done plastic ones, but this needs to be in the hands of a professional.  Since Horizon kits never came with bases, Raymundo is going to have his work cut out for him.
 OH MY GOD!  Raymundo did such an awesome job on this here badboy!
 It might be hard to tell from the shot but Ray made the creature have the wet look.  He looks like he just came out of the water!
 I wanted the Creature to be in water.  Ray made a little creek he is stepping into.  And he also used an old Aquarium decoration thing I had on the right there.
This thing is great.  I cannot wait to explore other monster kits that Horizon put out.  And maybe even expand into other areas.

4 comments:

  1. That's a good looking model ! Nice paint job !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... I can tell you're enjoying him already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the horizon kits got me to make this cafe more than the Aurora ones did.

      Delete