Saturday, July 26, 2014

I LOVE NEW RETRO!

Well darn diddley do.  I busted my arse to get my 1977 Godzilla back and this news comes from SDCC 2014...
Yup...They are going to re release the 1977 Godzilla figure!  The only reason I am a little bummed as mine was not perfect.  The handle and tongue were broken off.  I was going to have my artist make them again.  But I am delighted that it is coming out again and I could get a perfect one.  But I will not.  Mine is pretty close.  Mine is original.  AND mine was only $50!  This one will probably be $300 or something.

8 comments:

  1. To be honest, I'd rather have the original, bro. I haven't picked up Figures Inc's re-releases of the Batman Mego figures. I'd rather have the originals.

    I had a Godzilla as a kid and I also broke the handle off, but I still loved it.

    That Gozillia is one of the few non-super hero toys I had that I will be moving heaven and earth to rebuy and own again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me. A repro is a repro. If it looks just like my childhood toy, I love it.

      Delete
  2. Ditto Mike.Id always rather have the original.Having a repop would make me want the original more.The only retro figs im really digging right now are the Goonies but those arent really repops since i dont think they ever had any figures made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a repro snob. Heck if all my childhood toys were available in repro land I would get them all.

      Delete
    2. That would make you a repro hog ;)

      Delete
  3. Re-Pop of old Shogun Warriors Godzilla? Now that is cool i wonder what the cost will be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if that's a straight up repro. At least, it looks like the head and body have a little more detail than the original. I'm curious to see what kind of price point these things have. I have a feeling you're not far off with the $300 remark.

    ReplyDelete