Thursday, March 21, 2013

Controversial Thursday- I don't get it...

Yeah I don't get it.  Welcome one and all to Controversial Thursday where no topic is off limits.  Anything that I wish to complain about gets done....This week....Is I don't get it.  What do I not get?  This...
Oh yeah...I also don't get this...
Oh and this too....
Here is one last one...
What does all of this have in common?  Fans go crazy for this crap....That is what I do not get!  I hated this stuff even as a kid.  I don't get how any fan of these items likes these baby toys.  They look ridiculous.  I wonder what is the appeal.  I mean I watched Star Wars and never saw any of the characters look like blockheads!  Same with Terminator 2.  I don't get why people go crazy for these things.  I think they are wastes of plastic myself.  The toy company could have made an accurate 3 inch or 4 inch or whatever realistic looking figure.  Instead we got blockheads.  Childish crap really.  In the real world....I would, if a friend asked me over to show me his collection of this stuff...I might slap him silly.  Who collects this?  This stuff should be in the kiddie aisle at Toys R Us.  Oh wait, it is!  

I know all of our collection tastes are not the same....But damn.  Have some dignity.  Lucy from Peanuts hated blockheads and so do I.  If I ever start collecting these things then send me a pacifier!
This is so retarded....Full blown retarded!
I mean really collectors...If you bought the above...where did your balls go?





15 comments:

  1. Ouch!This on the heels of my Kre-O Quick Kick post.You may have just insulted 95% of the toy collecting blogosphere.Let's see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardy har har! It's ok though. These are my private thoughts made public. It is really for discussion. Not for people to take so seriously. After all, it is controversial Thursday where anything goes.

      Delete
    2. It's all good H.G.Not crazy about mini figs either..but if that's a certain individuals thing then more power to em'!

      Delete
  2. I have never been one to go for those cute versions of my favorite heroes but those FUNKO ones are great, I think. At ten bucks a shot you can't go wrong with the price. 90% of my collection is 6 inches or larger because I hated the way they did the sloppy paintjobs and lack of articulation on the 3 3/4 inch figures, the size you prefer. I was raised on 12 inch GI Joes and 8 inch Megos so going any smaller than 6 inches is a stretch for me. Now of course MARVEL UNIVERSE makes very detailed and articulated 3 inch figures. I bit on a few of the characters but don't want anymore than I already have. To each his own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Cal to each his own. Don't be upset by my comments. I am just stirring the pot for discussion. Albeit in my own malignant way...

      Delete
  3. I admit, I LOVE cute little toys. Love them like a child does :D I love Imaginext, those Funko bobbles, am crazy for MiniMates, and the Brave & The Bold toys might be my favorite toy line ever. I think part of that is my playful nature- I'm a boyish joker who never really "grew up". I'm also a 9-5 guy who wears a tie to work, deals with serious deadlines & pressure, so anything that brings a smile to my face is great. And as a fine artist I can appreciate the design work put into these toys- keeping a consistent aesthetic throughout the line, and simplifying/concentrating each character's trait to fit into the toy is an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good. You gave your answers. Fantastic. Isn't it great we all have different opinions and what thrills us? Love your blog my friend!

      Delete
  4. Everybody likes or dislikes something and that is the beauty of being a collector. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know. But I like to complain about something on Thursdays.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a case of focused vs. spontaneous collectors, but not really into any of those either, but to each his own. However, toys from our day didn't really have childish appearances like these either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the appeal of them for a Kitchy kind of toy to have but serious collecting has to be based on an established line. But I love knockoffs too so what do I know .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can dig the Playskool Star Wars and super hero stuff, as well as the Lego figures. I'm with you on the Mini-mates and Funko though. The Mini-mates seem kinda fragile to me, and the Funko POP! figures, well, I just can't get into that style.

    I will say there is one thing that is really annoying me lately, and that's the mashing up of two different properties into one product. Angry Birds and Star Wars for example. I know some folks like it, but it just aggravates me every time I walk down a toy aisle.

    That last Batman doll you posted is the stuff of nightmares. I say kill it with fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! The angry birds are just a stupid concept altogether.

      Delete
  8. Funco is ok and is a "different take" on the design... That may well be the appeal of these kind of things... I collect anything I can of the "Joker"... and that would even include figures like these of the Joker... but, as a regular collectable.. I do not think so...
    You have some great posts good Sir ...
    Your new "fiend" and Follower... the Doctor...

    ReplyDelete