Thursday, August 6, 2015

Controversial Thursday- Why thou hast forsaken me oh bloggers thee?

So from my last Controversial Thursday post quite a few bloggers have eliminated me from their blogrolls.  Normally I get around 30 views each post on mundane toy related topics but everytime I do a Controversial Thursday one it always goes well over 100.  So my hits came down alot.  That is ok.  I am not a blogger virgin anymore.  3 years into this.
This is me above in a nutshell.  With the addition of loving toys, monsters etc.

Liberals say they are tolerant of everything...Um...except the above...


Yeah that is pretty much it.  They SAY they are tolerant but that is a lie.  They only tolerate what they like.  But then lie and say they tolerate everything.

Stunt Zombie cleans his blogroll and surprise! I am not there.  He calls me out and when I confront him about it, he hides away.  I am not surprised that he did that.  Most liberals do that.  

Then Calvin from his cave of cool cleans me as well.  Now I am not sure how I feel about this one.  On one hand he has a point.  I have been lax on sending him some luchador masks he wanted.  I was just about to send them a year ago and we got hit with proteccion civil and we had to pay $4,000 to get the restaurant ready for them.  It wiped us out.  Guess who didn't care to show up this year.  That is right.  They only wanted the mordida last year.  So I wasn't able to go to the U.S. plus with my visa it just wasn't able to happen.  Then I confess I got caught up getting childhood toys etc.  But I will send them out.  It will be next year though.  Winter is the worst time for the cafe.  So I bantered with him a few times when he would run the U.S. down in his posts.  Then he called me an asshole.  I let it slide but remembered it.  Now he cleans me  from his blogroll.  Oh well.  Cal is really funny and posts hilarious stuff on his blog sometimes...then other times it is another story. I think he is in his fifties and it does bother me that he posts all the time of scantily clad girls young enough to be his daughters.  It is kind of dirty old manish and disgusting.  But again libs don't have many morals...

Goodwill Geek cleaned me too.  But he sent me Mayor McCheese and although I do comment on alot of his posts even though he doesn't do me anymore that is ok.  I love the Mayor.

I have to thank John, Kevin, and Tony.  They were nice enough to post comments on whatever crap I came up with.  They were always great.  Tony and Kevin especially.  They kept me going.  They were so nice to send care packages.  If ever this frickin lawsuit ends I will more than make up for it.



So since I have been doing the whole blogging thing since August of 2012 I have kissed alot of ass.  Posted on blogs and never getting a comment in return etc.  I won't name them.  But after looking at a blog like Pop Culture Safari I realized something.  This guy has been blogging for YEARS!  YEARS!  And guess what?  He rarely ever has any comments.  My realization is I shouldn't care if people comment.  I am going to keep on keeping on and stop kissing ass.  No more.  No more posting on topics I don't care about.  If I like it, I will comment.  No more following blogs that only post pics of stuff they found on the net..  Hell I can find pics on google!  I have never understood bloggers that do that.  Just post pics of stuff they find on Google.  

I am who I am.  I have to stay true to who I am.





7 comments:

  1. Our number of views are way down good Sir Hobgoblin...
    Hope that you and yours are doing well...
    recently saw where a storm of large hail hit your area ....
    Sorry for the "absence" ... Life here "sucks", that and "broke" All of the time....
    ... We still follow your posts regularly....
    The "items" that we have to send to you will be done by my Father... so a month or two at most ... it saddens me every time that I pass by Jango Fett gathering a lot of dust... my Sister kept promising me that I could mail off some things... Still have a special Toy to ship to another collector... I was lucky and got it (for less than $50.oo a while back) We have an unassembled Joker kit and somewhere a "Giant Mantis" model kit (in Box)....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theda. I gotta add you to my blogroll list as well. Don't worry about anything.

      Delete
  2. Dont let it bother you to much. It seems like blogs are just not drawing the numbers that the used to. I used to get around 300 page views per post but a time went on it got to be much less. I havent done a blog post in a long while due to health issues but my old posts still seem to be getting views but nothing like they didi 2 years ago. I have on more then one occasion noticed blogs fall off my blog roll , it bothered some people so much that I posted a question on the google help forums about it but never got a real answer. Just keep putting out a product that you like and if other people like it great if not oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the one that the other Toy is for , good Sir....

      Delete
    2. Gracias guys! Controversial Thursday pulls no punches

      Delete
  3. I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty terrible with commenting or responding to comments on my blog. As infrequently as I post. As infrequently as I receive comments on those infrequent posts. It's a sick cycle of laziness that I've been meaning to kick.

    Anyway...

    You're absolutely right that you gotta keep blogging for yourself regardless of comments. Regardless of page hits or re-posts, whatever odd little connections we bloggers thrive on and seek out, you should write about the things you love because you love those things. You write because you love to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trash! I posted on yours a few times and quit after not getting a response. Hope we can reestablish it.

      Delete