Thursday, July 9, 2015

MIGHTY MEN AND MONSTER MAKER!

This Tomy 1979 toy I had as a kid too!  This is quite a thrill to have this again I can assure you.
They were the boy equivalent of fashion plates.  You had head pieces, chest pieces, and leg pieces.  You could do them all normal like this.
Or you could go crazy and mis match the plates creating some outrageous characters!  The fun was endless!!!  This toy met one fate when I originally had it.  Our house was broken into by the neighborhood kids and most of my toys were stolen.
HERE SOMEONE DEMONSTRATES HOW TO USE IT.
I gotta get some colored pencils etc.  It is SUCH a thrill to have back childhood toys.  I feel so great.  This year has been awesome.  Second childhood is almost complete!  Just a few more things and I will be done.

9 comments:

  1. Those were awesome...!!!
    got to use one a few times , though never owned one...
    Hope that you and yours are well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. Nothing screams 79 than this...Well..maybe my Krusher figure I got earlier.

      Delete
  2. Had one as a kid and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be doing some great stuff with it.

      Delete
  3. I always wanted one of those a kid. I wish they would have produced one for DC or Marvel heroes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wanted one back in the days. Actuallty saw one at the flea market a few years ago and didnt buy it... stupid me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss the Monster Maker! Wish we could find rubbings of individual plates and then manipulate them on PAINT on the computer...there's one combo I just have to see again--top ape and bottom lizard man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I bought here is missing a headplate. ARghhh...

      Delete