Saturday, October 11, 2014

YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY!

When I was in college my friend Stephen Johnson grabbed a few of us students and introduced us to the TSR Marvel Superheroes role playing game.  Similar to Dungeons and Dragons but BETTER because hell it had Marvel Superheroes!

Clayton, myself, Stephen, and Chris loved playing it.  Stephen was dungeon master or Marvel master whatever and he didn't beat us up too badly.  He did however introduce a new villain which I always loved.  He called them Hunter/Killers.  I know he was ripping off the Terminator flying robot vehicles but I didn't care.  He also ripped off Robocop's Ed-209.

He called them Hunter Killers!  Robots that looked exactly like ED-209's but could fly AND project a ray that eliminated mutant powers!  Sentinels were pansy asses compared to these things.  How do you fight them when you have no powers and they have those powerful guns like in Robocop?  You don't.  You die.
So I found TWO ED-260's!  Weird they both have different colors but man...They will be used with a new name...to combat my Marvel Universe figures.  I cannot wait to get playing.  BUT after my artist reapplies the decals to them.  Aren't they cool?  And I have TWO!  WHOOOO!

9 comments:

  1. The one on the left is the correct color. The one on the right has been yellowed by the sun. Nice find... I love that figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved that thing , its crazy to come across 2 at one time though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the story I quoted above I cannot wait to play it out again.

      Delete
  3. Those are very cool, how big are they? They look about Marvel Universe size. Nice pickups and I like that they're two different colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE MU sized! Imagine the battles I will have!

      Delete
  4. The expression on your face says it all.

    ReplyDelete