Thursday, October 30, 2014

My latest obsessions...

I thought I would do a top 10 list of the things I am actively trying to collect lately..
1. SUPER POWERS- I have Superman restored so he is checked off.  Now I gotta get the others.  I prefer incompletes as I can restore them myself and are usually cheaper.
2. SECRET WARS FIGURES- the two go hand in hand right?  I already have Hobgoblin so he is crossed off the list.  I would love Dr. Doom and Magneto because I am imagining putting capes on them and making them my version of complete.
3.STAR WARS AND REACTION- I am more focused on Star Wars than reaction right now for sure.  I feel I must collect the old stuff before I even start on the new.  I have a few figures but it is only 15 or so thanks to BuzzChuck!  I am not even interested in ROTJ stuff.  Only the first two movies will do for me.  God would I love an Alien and a Wampa...

4. BATMAN ANIMATED- I have Croc, Phantasm, Joker, and Mad Hatter but that is only scratching the surface.  They released alot that I didn't know about back in the day.
5. THESE 3 MEGOS-  I never had many but I had these three in the past.  There was a blurb on the Mego Museum forums that soon figsinc. will be persuing the Marvel License.  I can only hope for reissues of these!  I would almost want naked Megos to restore them.  It is so much more fun.
6. HALLOWEEN GURLEY CANDLE SKULL- the one on the left.  THAT WAS halloween to me as a kid.  I gotta have it for the Monster Cafe one day.
7. IMAGINEERING VAMPIRE BLOOD BOTTLE-  This was another favorite of mine in my warped childhood.  All I want is the bottle.  It can be empty for all I care.  But at $75 on Ebay I will be in for a long wait.
8. GI JOE PLAYSETS- from 1982-1986.  I for some reason do not even want the figures. I just thought the playsets were cooler.  I have the APC but that is it.  Gotta get my joes back.  Especially this one the Outpost Defender.  This was SO cool!
9. AMAZING SPIDERMAN 200-250- Those were my Spidey issues.  I have 224 and 232 so they are out....But the others scream my childhood to me.
10. WINNIE THE POOH LAMP- This lamp was by my bedside to keep the monsters away when I was a kid.  I will always look on it fondly and will own one one day.  Besides the lamp I currently have SUCKS!  I have to use pliers to turn it off.

12 comments:

  1. ha ha ha, that lamp! To this day if you went into my bedroom at my parents house here is a pooh light switch plate cover. You've got some great lines listed there. It's funny that you don't want any ROTJ figures, because they seem to be the only ones I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have such a soft spot for that lamp. It is the lamp I think of when I think of my old childhood house.

      Delete
  2. Great list! We still have my original SUPER POWERS, SECRET WARS and STAR WARS from back in the days.

    Wish I still had my Mego HULK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Halloween , my Friend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive list Sir. I can honestly say that we share many interest. Anybody who is down with MEGO is a true friend of mine. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA...To you too! Megos were so much fun to play with.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your comment! I don't know how to respond to comments or add stuff on my blogroll at the time being. Blogger kind of sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will get the hang of it one day. I will try to drop by more and comment.

      Delete