Wednesday, August 9, 2017

MONSTER MASK COLLECTION DEGRADATION!

I had heard horror stories of the rubber mask degrading over time...but had not witnessed it before firsthand...
Look at Dracula and Franky above!
The wolfman is almost destroyed totally.  I bought these masks in 2009 and hung them up in Monster Cafe all those years.  But now....

Who can I call?

RAY to the rescue!
 He quickly in one week stuffed them with paper mache and colored them to look right.  He added eyes to the eyeless Franky and Wolfy to the left.
 I mounted them above the display case.  Much better there!
Oh yeah.  Now the traffic that goes by can see them better.  Way to go Ray!
 Just a cool shot I took of the cafe signs.
 Our huge Wolfman sign.  So impressive!
Or original Frankenstein sign.  Wow.  8 and a half years and counting.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Yeah that rubber gets funky after a while. We have issues at the haunted hayride I work at. Eventually the masks get real beat up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray was telling me that if they continue to degrade, he may pour liquid resin over them to harden them.

      Delete