Friday, April 15, 2016

PULGAS FIND- THE HAUL OF HAULS

And I mean that seriously.  I have found some ok things down here in Mexico.  But NOTHING like this.  That is why I call this the haul of hauls.  Are you with me?  I mean....This was found....in a flea market in MEXICO!  I was shocked.  Wifey and I went to the pulgas one Sunday.  I did not expect to find too much.  Maybe 2 or 3 figures on my list as per usual.  So I picked up a GI JOE figure for Ray to do a custom with and I saw this out of the corner of my eye...
Um...I usually never cuss but holy crap!  The 1980 Darth Vadar carrying case I had as a kid!!!  Really?  I would expect to find this in the U.S. at a comic show but not out in a parking lot in the hot sun in frickin Saltillo.  I put the Gi joe figure down and asked how much this was.  25$ American dollars.  Without hesitation I told my wife to get out the pesos.
Wait....The case actually had 20 vintage Star Wars figures in it!  What is that?  An original Yoda WITH snake!  I was bowled over.
It even had their guns in the side pocket!  OMG!

I had this in 1980.  I never thought I would own this again.  Honestly.  It was something that was not even on my radar.  The figures yes, the playsets definitly.  But the case?  Not in a million years.  I filled it with some of the figures I got last year to make it fuller looking.

I am so happy to have this by accident.  So happy.  I wonder what other treasures are out there that I do not have to pay exorbate prices on ebay for.  Can I get my entire childhood back?

Now if I could just find a GI JOE carrying case full of figures...and a Heman...and a Sectaurs etc.  haha

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an epic find! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now thats a score! All I ever see these days are the crappy looking 90's versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! All your dreams can come true. Congrats on the great find. With weapons, that's insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could find the playsets that I had as a kid, I would gush over myself totally.

      Delete
  4. The fact that Yoda still has his snake and clothes is even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete